Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
pandemic: user made Role or event cards?
09-20-2013, 01:38 AM
pandemic: user made Role or event cards?
Witht he release of pandemic: in the lab expansion, my gaming group has gotten back into playing pandemic again.

In the game they give you a few blank 'role' cards and some blank special event cards.

while we have house rul'd a special event or 2 to try out during a game. we have not stuck on anything yet... and no ideas on role cards.

anyone playing pandemic got any roles you made up.. adn any special events?

or links to any?

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: pandemic: user made Role or event cards?
I realize this is an old post, but I just got Pandemic and the On the Brink expansion and was wondering if anyone had come up with good roles or events too. My idea for an event card is:

Event
Cross-Training
Play any time. Not an action.

For this turn the player may perform the actions of any other role, even those not active in the current game. The player must assume the other role completely and may only perform the actions of this role on this turn. Discard this event card at the conclusion of the player's turn and revert to their original role.

This is similar to the switch roles event card, but only for the current turn as opposed to the rest of the game.

Anyone have any other ideas?
12-08-2014, 09:01 PM
I LOVE this idea. We will be incorporating it next time we play.

We have 2 house ruled events.. and I'm trying to think of them .. ugh.

One of them is basically a 'dig thru the discard pile and grab any event that's been discarded '

can't think of the other but will post it as soon as i do.
12-09-2014, 08:46 PM
The other idea I had was to mark the blank cards with just Event A and event B and Role A and Role B. Then the players could have a separate sheet of paper with extra roles and events and choose 2 of each (one A and one B) from the list. That way if you don't like an idea the cards aren't ruined.

How about these for event ideas:

Event
High Speed Rail
The player has limited access to high speed rail transport. For one action the player may bypass one city on a rail network at no extra cost other than the standard city to city movement cost. This action may be repeated multiple times on one turn. Moving across water by ferry is still performed at the standard cost. For example, the player may move from Chicago to New York and bypass Montreal as only one action. The player could take a ferry to Madrid for one action and then go to Milan for a third action. The player cannot do any actions in Chicago or Paris as a result of this movement. Discard this card at the end of the player’s turn.

Event
Ferry Redirect
The player may cross an ocean and choose to dock at an alternate port. For example, the player may leave Lagos, Nigeria and dock in New York, USA instead of Sao Paulo, Brazil. Both cities must have ferry terminals. This action may be repeated multiple times on one turn. For example, the player leaving Lagos, Nigeria could not dock in Miami, USA. Discard this card at the end of the player’s turn.

Event
U.N. Security Council Assistance
The player move from the capital city of any of the five permanent U.N. Security council members to the capital of another permanent U.N. Security council member as one action. The five capitals are Washington, London, Paris, Moscow and Beijing. This action may be repeated multiple times in one turn. Discard this card at the end of the player’s turn.