Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GenCon '14
01-17-2014, 09:37 PM
GenCon '14
My BF and I are going this year. Tickets go on sale the 29th of January...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: GenCon '14
Will u be hosting LNOE games? I was seriously considering going but I'm a GenCon virgin.
Find all posts by this user
01-18-2014, 03:01 AM
Hosting at the con itself? There's so much other stuff going on, probably not. However, an evening at my friends' place? Entirely possible. (I'm certain SOMEONE would be running LNOE, if only as a pick up group.)
01-18-2014, 05:43 AM
Have you been to GenCon in the past? How much did you spend on event tickets?
01-18-2014, 03:43 PM
I've been a few times (though skipped last year since my friend-whose-floor-i-crash-on had a newborn only 3 weeks before).

I generally don't spend much on event tickets; I spend most of my time in the dealer's room (I spend plenty buying things...) or in seminars. The general price for event tickets is $1/hour unless there's some takeaway (like Magic tournaments, etc). I think last time I spent $6 total in event tickets.

You should attend! It's a blast! Especially with the "shuttle service" they started last year, you can stay at [cheaper] hotels further out and still get there/back relatively easily, without having to pay for parking.
01-18-2014, 03:56 PM
If I can get some friends to split a hotel with me I might its about a 5.5 hr drive for me and plane tickets are 400 round trip which is too much
01-18-2014, 09:10 PM
5.5h is no big deal. It's about 8h from here. Anyone who likes games that's within a day's drive SHOULD go to Gencon occasionally!
01-19-2014, 02:39 AM
As someone who has gone the past 5 years I also suggest everyone go at least one time. Its such a very unique experience. I always enjoy talking with the Flying Frog crew. This last year I spent a full 3 days in the dealer hall. Events are fun but I didnt understand the point unless you are playing for prizes. Why pay for an event when there is so much gaming going on for free. Theres also tons and tons of things going on outside the convention. Pretty much all of downtown Indy supports Gencon. Fair warning tho, if you go 1 time you will want to go every year!

To anyone that does go Id love to setup a time to play LNoE/IfO or a mashup!!!!!
01-19-2014, 04:10 AM
Free gaming as in demos? Id be down for some LNOE I'd prob already have atleast 3 other guys with me. So we could already have the hero party formed.
01-19-2014, 04:38 AM
Demos, free miniatures and painting tables, pick up gaming at open gaming tables...