Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GenCon '14
01-19-2014, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 05:50 AM by alderdust.)
RE: GenCon '14
Free painting? Brushes and everything?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2014, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 02:29 PM by mqstout.)
Ayup. http://www.genconminipainting.com/mhe/?q=node/2 not high quality brushes (and beat on by people all weekend) and only limited selection of promotionally-donated minis. It hasn't been formally announced for this year's yet that I've noticed, but it's been there for the last handful I've attended.

The "speed painting" is $2 for that round's mini and an hour of your time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Cool wonder if a new LNOE expansion will be announced at GenCon this year?
01-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Im expecting the IfO expansion. I asked about it at Gencon last year and they said it would definitely be coming but gave no specifics when. However I do remember him mentioning a Magician character.
01-20-2014, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2014 08:28 PM by ch82.)
I went for my first time last year. It was really fun. Some of the demos are cut short like the one I did for terra mystica was like 1 or 2 rounds but I did a whole solo game of a touch of evil over at the flying frog booth. It is a good community and people are super nice there. Gotta watch those prices though since a couple companies are out to gouge since I could buy some game cheaper in Canada retail.

(01-19-2014 07:37 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Cool wonder if a new LNOE expansion will be announced at GenCon this year?

Even if it gets announced it might not be out until Summer/Fall of 2015. Blood in the forest felt like it took forever to come out.
01-26-2014, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2014 08:35 PM by mqstout.)
Badges are now on sale. My BF and I just got ours. If you think you'll want to use the on-site (expensive) hotels, you need to get in early.
01-27-2014, 01:39 AM
I'm so glad I don't have buy a badge or pay for hotel. The benefits of helping run a tournament!
01-28-2014, 08:49 PM
My buddy/fellow designer opted out for this year so I guess I won't be going. Likely sounds like he decided to get his wife pregnant again instead
01-28-2014, 10:08 PM
ch, that's why I didn't last year.
01-31-2014, 04:13 PM
My wife and I go every year. Well at least for the past 4 years or so. We're trying something new this year. We will be hosting two ATOE events. Well, at least we put in for them. We haven't got confirmation back yet from GenCon that they are approved. If approved, we will have one on Wednesday night and one on Thursday night. We are very excited to try this.

Looks like it's going to be a record year again. Their block of rooms sold out within a couple of hours and event and badge registration is way up.

We really enjoy being at the convention and meeting so many like minded people. It should be fun hosting our own events!

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...