Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting old
06-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Getting old
I spilled a glass of water ALL over my LNOE board the other night...

Well... more like I punched a glass of water as I reached for a bowl of chips.

We got everything cleaned up crazy fast and it still looks pretty good, but I've had LNOE for about 3 years now. The box has been Annihilated. Tape is the only thing holding it together. Several of the cards, particularly one of the rules cards... has just been trashed.

A Lot of love has gone into my set, but dang it's starting to show its age. Zombie17 Only now realizing I may eventually have to replace the set entirely. I've never had to do that with ANY game except monopoly.

Gotta say I'm impressed. FFP! You've created a game that gets played by some people As much as Monopoly! Dear god! What have you done!?

Hahahaha.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2011, 06:42 PM
RE: Getting old
Monopoly no longer holds the Monopoly on Monopolizing board-game night?

Damn! I'm dizzy.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Oh...thought this was a thread about a dwarf.....

06-18-2011, 11:48 AM
LoL I resemble that remark

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
06-19-2011, 11:15 AM
(06-14-2011 12:54 AM)Raynor Wrote:  Snipped

Several of the cards, particularly one of the rules cards... has just been trashed.

I had my cards inserted into plastic sleeve protectors from the outset (ultra-pro deck protector type to be precise). Initially, I mainly did this to enable me to shuffle the cards more effectively. The used to stick badly when unprotected.

Anyway, my cards are still pristine after nearly 3 years of age (for the majority of them anyway). They've had a decent workout over time as well.

Agree, however, about the overall durability of the game. It's one of the things I had for consideration in the "are the new expansions a rip off or worth it" poll that is going in this forum.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
06-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Yea... Putting sleeves on a "board game" never really occurred to me until very recently.

I should probably do that. I think I have a Shotgun that is so bent it shouldn't fire. >>

What you should do is buy another base set and reconfigure the zombie and player deck! That would be so fun.
07-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Similar scenario with me too. As I was grabbing for a beer ( and it had to be a long neck bottle and not a snubby ) I managed to topple the brew over and it just so happened to spill all over 2 L shape pieces, we managed to clean up the beer before any serious damage was done. Game board was placed near a gas fireplace for a quick dry and everything came out aight in the end, no bubble on the board, no warping, and no discoloration ...well almost as I was 1 less beer for the night :-(
07-13-2011, 11:09 PM
(07-13-2011 08:51 PM)kay_dawg Wrote:  ...well almost as I was 1 less beer for the night :-(

Of all sad words....1 less Beer is the Pitts.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-13-2011, 11:44 PM
(07-13-2011 11:09 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  
(07-13-2011 08:51 PM)kay_dawg Wrote:  ...well almost as I was 1 less beer for the night :-(

Of all sad words....1 less Beer is the Pitts.

OD

Very Sad OD.

I knew the game was going to alright as my friends we quick to react to the situation, too bad no one offered me one of their brews as a replacement