Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ghost Ship Question
11-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Ghost Ship Question
Reading thru the Coast rules and I am not seeing where you actually encounter the Ghost Ship. I know the lair cards are used for hunting the cursed gold but where does the actual ship come into play? Where do the heroes need to go to confront it and its crew?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2012, 10:28 PM
RE: Ghost Ship Question
Isn't the ghost ship a villain?
12-01-2012, 02:31 AM
It is but normally you acquire a lair card, go to location and then fave the villian. With the ghost ship it says lair cards are used for collectng the cursed gold before the show down. Do I assume once you have the gold you just start the showdown? Don't you need to get to a specific locale? Am I overthinking this?
12-01-2012, 03:34 PM
(12-01-2012 02:31 AM)jibbo1971 Wrote:  It is but normally you acquire a lair card, go to location and then face the villian. With the ghost ship it says lair cards are used for collectng the cursed gold before the show down. Do I assume once you have the gold you just start the showdown? Don't you need to get to a specific locale? Am I overthinking this?

The Ghost Ship villain record sheet says that a showdown may only be started at the Icy Waters space, the hero starting the Showdown must have at least 1 piece of Cursed Gold, and the Showdown cost is the 'Lair Cost' on the current Shadow Track stage.
(See 'Lost at Sea' advanced ability on the Ghost Ship record sheet.)
12-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Thank you Skunk, it seems in my excitement to browse the Coast contents I totally overlooked it several time, especially apparently