Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Weekend Gaming Session.
09-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Good Weekend Gaming Session.
Was able to get in two games this weekend which were very enjoyable.

We've started playing where we randomly roll for who gets Heros and who gets Zombies. Luckily, both games granted me the Heros.

We also let the die decide on which characters and which L shaped maps we are going to be using.

The first game turned out to be the BURN EM OUT scenario, and although I thought it was going well, it ended up horribly for the humans. I had fast moving Billy find the gasoline, and he made a beeline for the first Spawn point. Destroyed it with no problem, and with the gas station on the board (the pickup is GAS!) I thought I could destroy those evil zombies once and for all!

But, as fate would have it, the zombies swarmed the Gas Station, and Billy got a little overconfident with the use of his chainsaw. He lost it immediately, and was overwhelmed. Father Joseph and Nurse Betty, apparently decided if you can't beat them, join them, and promptly got turned into Zombie Heros.

This left poor Johnny scrambling for weapons. He holed up in the Police Station, trying in vain to keep that ever empty Pump Shotgun in his hands, but to no avail. He was soon trapped and eaten.

Zombies trounced the heros.

Game two brought up two previous characters, Johnny and Father Joseph, and for help this time Sally and Sherriff Anderson. This games mission....SAVE THE TOWNSFOLK!

Johnny played it cool, finding a nice revolver in the gym locker, and then trying to score some alone time with Sally. Those Pesky zombies kept poking up though. Sherriff Anderson arrived to check it out, and soon, all three were in the School, fending off zombies.

Father Joseph couldn't find sanctuary anywhere, although he made a miraculous escape from the Grocery store, he was soon run down. Even with Faith and Heroic resolve on him (that's FOUR fight dice) he was no match for the brain eaters.

It was midgame before the first Townsfolk was found, he was poking around the school as well.

The approaching Zombie Horde was too much for poor Sally, and she hightailed it out of the School. Without the safety of the other two, however, she was dangerously close to causing the Heros to lose (if TWO heros die, you lose) She took a wound in the hangar, and again fled for her life.

Johnny and The Sheriff kept whiddling the zombies away, with incredible shooting accuracy, and fantastic dice rolls in any FIGHT.
Even though the two men were doing wonders, luck of the seach wasn't going well, and turns were running out.

With only four turns to go, Johnny discards the KEYS (it allows two cards to be drawn) and back to back we find Two more townsfolk...they must have been hiding in the closet.

The zombies could feel the game closing, but were way too far away to get within biting distance. Another turn saw another search card, and Viola! There was Principal Gomez for the win!

Johnny moved only once the entire game, and actually ended up killing a large handful of zombies, AND finding all the Townfolk while searching the School.

I vote for him as Prom King!!

Heros' Win!

*this game was a bit frustrating for our Zombie player, as he just couldn't get close enough to do the boys harm. But, since he's been on the winning side of a similar game, he just shook his head, and accepted defeat!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply