Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Goofy house rules?
04-01-2014, 11:08 PM
RE: Goofy house rules?
I don't get it. It's a house rule if you don't like it, don't play it, it's not your house rule.
We play if it rolls of table re-roll
If you fumble a roll, you must call fumble before dice stops rolling
But it is just a house rule, not for everyone
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Goofy house rules?
The calling of 'fumble' is actually a pretty good idea!
Maybe we'll include that so genuine mistakes can be dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-04-2014, 01:53 PM
(02-09-2014 03:27 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 11:35 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  In any game with dice we play that if one die rolls off the table the player must re-roll all the dice.

Also, no drinks on the table. Watchmen02

Ditto on both house rules!

Ditto

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-04-2014, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 09:33 PM by soundguy.)
(04-01-2014 11:08 PM)Fizzgaz Wrote:  I don't get it. It's a house rule if you don't like it, don't play it, it's not your house rule.
We play if it rolls of table re-roll
If you fumble a roll, you must call fumble before dice stops rolling
But it is just a house rule, not for everyone

sure.. we make off the table die re-roll too.

and yeah.. it's a house rule. he can post it and can play it, and I can equally say it's a tad brutal on the players. If I played like that I'd soon have a game group of 1, me.

The idea, IMHO.. is to have fun... house rules should structure or enhance the fun.. if we wan't anti fun.. we could all just stay at work, go visit family, or other less interesting things. Watchmen02

just sayin...

now that I think about it. I used to game at a comic book / game store that had some weird crack knuckle house rules.. they'd CHARGE you a buck if said or did a certain thing. ( can't remember the trigger word / event ).. sure.. store owner made a few bucks.. but he's CLOSED now.. nobody wanted his brand of fun...

again.. not arguing someone not use their house rules. just voicing my opin that it is brutal...
04-04-2014, 10:13 PM
No I get it. But house rules like that are fun, especially if you add a group arrrrrggggg at the fumbler. It's like locked door, not sure how everyone plays it. We wait until the player removes hand from the board. Then shout naaaaaaaaa, locked door, get back. Usually while someone else goes 'click'(emulating locking door). I find most arguments our group have come from stupid things like a dice on the floor, if it's good the roller says "they keep it" if it's not they want roll again. So as long as you know the rules harsh or not it's all fun.
P.s not having a go, I think a lot of your posts are interesting and good gaming.
Peace out
04-04-2014, 10:55 PM
yeah.. we have a 'on table' general rule. no dice counts unless result is on table.

we also have a 'cocked' rule. if you can rest another die on top of the die in question and it sticks.. it's not cocked. if it falls off.. it's cocked and rerolled. occasionally happens on large flat sided dice like d4 and d6 when you have a game board and pieces that sometimes interfeere with a dice rill.. and sometimes you get some dice that are so cocked you have to reroll. land diagonally against a side wall and stand on edge. rare but happens. se we say, flat and on table so there are no questions.
04-04-2014, 11:42 PM
Goofy house rules?
Wow. If you can stack another die on top of a d4, then you're either magical, or it is severely cocked. Watchmen02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk