Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Great game session...
03-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Great game session...
Saturday was a good day.

Got to see Watchmen, have a great meal with my family, and topped it off with a Last Night on Earth Scenario....

Mike played the Zombies, I got the humans.

We played STOCK UP.

Randomly choosing characters, I got Jake, Johnny, Amanda, and Sally.

The hospital ended up as the STOCK UP building, which kind of sucks, since the morgue is a spawn pit, and gives old rotten flesh easy access to the halls of the hospital.

Although we hadn't used some of the new cards, Mike figured out 'sacrifice' right away, and ended up with Rachelle as a zombie hero!!

My characters did extremely well on dice rolls, only taking one wound until late in the game...with all the necessary items, we made a beeline for the Hospital. Zombie Rachelle waited, lurking for flesh and Mike played another card that essentially doubled every zombie in each space, plus gave us LIGHTS OUT in the Hospital...

Two of my heros had flashlights, so they were able to ignore the effects, but the other two had to shuffle in the dark, hoping a zed wouldn't pop out and eat them.

I foolishly used the shotgun, hoping to clear out a square, only to kill a single zed, and LOST the gun due to running out of ammo. A desperate search luckily turned up another weapon to meet the STOCK up requirements.

Rachelle died hard, but this time for good, as more incredible luck seemed to protect the Hero's battling for each inch of the Hospital.

Sally proved to be a juggernaut with the meat cleaver, rolling a 6 (instant kill) almost at will.

But, still, the zeds continued to fill the halls of the Hospital, now all we had to do was get them out, and win the game!!

The time was clicking away and it became desperation time, as it was the last turn before the sun disappeared....the zeds could only manage to get two into the hospital, in a single space, but if they remained, that could be enough to ruin the hero's hopes.

Saving the card for the right time, Sally charged the space, regardless of the danger. The card was HEROIC RAGE, allowing extra fight dice AND wins on ties.

Single handedly she dropped both brain munchers where they stood, and as the sun went down, the hero's reveled in their victory. I'm sure the night would still be long.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2009, 11:18 PM
RE: Great game session...
Nice game. I love it when it comes down to the wire instead of being a blowout for one side. And that Sally really is a powerhouse, isn't she? Only two wounds will bring her down, but give that girl a decent blade and she'll be the hero of the night. During my last game of "Save the Townsfolk" Sally "caught" a meat cleaver tossed by Sam and later the good priest gave her the chainsaw he found. She kept the zombie hoard at bay and saved a bloody, dying Sam as he escaped to where the rest of the team held out, searching for survivors. Thanks to her, by the end of the game, the heroes won without a single wound on them.

I've never played "Stock Up" as I don't have that set. It sounds like it could be very fun. I'm planning on ordering the two expansions eventually so I can't wait. Until then, I still have a few more scenarios I haven't played yet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply