Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Green or Blue?
Green
Blue
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Green or Blue?
11-28-2010, 12:37 AM
RE: Green or Blue?
I do one of 3 things.

green wash over white,

purple wash over white.

or black wash over 'elf flesh' ( citidal paints )

soundguy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2010, 10:36 PM
I say green only because I am painting mine that color. Some people mentioned painting them different to represent different zombie teams. I plan on painting the rim of my bases the original colors to distinguish them. This should keep them life-like looking enough to appease the eye while maintaining game functionality. Hope this helped...

nursery school.....
11-29-2010, 10:37 PM
i did the same.. I left a ring of original color around the bases.

soundguy
12-21-2010, 10:25 PM
blue is better

August 17th
We've been receiving a lot of local reports about strange monsters appearing at random throughout the city. This must be the work of Umbrella.
12-31-2010, 12:57 AM
Green = Swamp Zombie???
01-18-2011, 08:41 AM
I think what i'm going to do it's to paint the green zombies green, and the brown in brown or rotten flesh or even grey.
01-18-2011, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2011 02:41 PM by samuraitrev.)
(01-18-2011 08:41 AM)juan-agustin Wrote:  I think what i'm going to do it's to paint the green zombies green, and the brown in brown or rotten flesh or even grey.

I've never been much of a fan of the green zombie flesh personally. It's now become generic and expected at least within the GW painters. I realise a lot of painters really like the finished results. I've just done so many greenie zombies when I painted my huge undead army that I just don't enjoy painting them that way anymore. I prefer painting them Dawn of the Dead style a bloodless pallor with signs of rigor mortis. It's not hard to get good results either. Basic coat light grey. Wash with a purple wash or watered down purple paint. Highlight with lighter grey or the same grey as before mixed with a small amount of white.
Add gore.
Lots of gore.
For a look at more indepth zombie painting see this guide I did. There's green, grey and flesh zombies. http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ied-Matter .I agree with Flightmek's and Spartan's comments on how to distinguish the different zombie players. Paint the bases green or brown; or paint your zombies two different styles green and grey. Happy painting and let us know how you get onWatchmen02
01-18-2011, 04:19 PM
I love purple wash.

I also did most of mine a-la dawn of the dead late style.. whiteish blood drained flesh with purple wash.

did some 'fresh' ones with still a hint of flesh tone and alot of blood splatter..

soundguy
01-18-2011, 10:08 PM
(01-18-2011 02:36 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(01-18-2011 08:41 AM)juan-agustin Wrote:  I think what i'm going to do it's to paint the green zombies green, and the brown in brown or rotten flesh or even grey.

I've never been much of a fan of the green zombie flesh personally. It's now become generic and expected at least within the GW painters. I realise a lot of painters really like the finished results. I've just done so many greenie zombies when I painted my huge undead army that I just don't enjoy painting them that way anymore. I prefer painting them Dawn of the Dead style a bloodless pallor with signs of rigor mortis. It's not hard to get good results either. Basic coat light grey. Wash with a purple wash or watered down purple paint. Highlight with lighter grey or the same grey as before mixed with a small amount of white.
Add gore.
Lots of gore.
For a look at more indepth zombie painting see this guide I did. There's green, grey and flesh zombies. http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ied-Matter .I agree with Flightmek's and Spartan's comments on how to distinguish the different zombie players. Paint the bases green or brown; or paint your zombies two different styles green and grey. Happy painting and let us know how you get onWatchmen02

Thank you for the advice. I like the idea of a grey coat. I'll give it a try (don't know when, I'm a bit busy lately)
02-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Green with flesh tones and black wash is better... :}