Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Greetings
08-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Greetings
Having just come off of a great holiday weekend introducing my son to some FFG goodness he had not played I thought I'd sign up here.

I have been running ATOE for my kids for a couple of years - we ran four scenarios on our recent holiday in France - our first play with the coast

My son & I have also been playing a lot of CoPE but only the simple rules.

The dilemma was whether or not LNOE was too scary - he is a mature 7 year old - so we started the weekend with invasion - initially him playing the heroes and me the martians with a mid game swap for the beginners scenario - Dad's first victory of the weekend (and until late on Monday the only one)

We rapidly followed this with a 2nd scenario where my heroes only lasted a few turns.

After this there was no stopping him and LNOE (manor house) hit the table followed by FanG for two plays

There are now 2 FFG fans in the house
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: Greetings
(08-27-2013 07:11 PM)Holymoe Wrote:  There are now 2 FFG fans in the house

Hi Holymoe - I think you mean FFP games.
(FFG is a different brand Watchmen02 )

It's awesome that your next generation is into ATOE and LNOE!

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
08-28-2013, 12:05 AM
Welcome to TZG...yes we all trip up between FFP & FFG now & then but both produce great games.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Greetings I've just come back from holiday too. We took AToE and played it several times. It's great introducing the games to new players I would have loved playing that as a kid. I bet your kids think you're the coolest dad everZombie17
09-01-2013, 02:10 AM
Welcome to the boards! Glad to hear you have been enjoying all things Flying Frog. ;-) Hope we see you around a lot more.