Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Back from the dead
06-20-2021, 05:50 AM
Back from the dead
Despite the game being one of my all time faves, I hadn't played LNOE in about 8 years, because I became mired in the Cult of the New, and because I became disproportionately enamored of entirely co-op games. So, while I consider it a lesser design, various flavors of Zombicide got most of my zombie game playing time in recent years.

Despite owning a complete collection of LNOE products, I still bought the 10th Anniversary Edition, because I figured it made a better way to introduce new people to the game than overwhelming them with all of the other base sets and expansions. But it stayed on my shelf until tonight.

I finally dusted it off, and I'm so glad I did. It was a hoot. We played "Get to the Truck" and looked to have it wrapped up with no time to spare, and then the zombies really snapped victory from the jaws of defeat in the very last turn. Which, really, is exactly the kind of ending that felt right narratively.

I'm hoping to make some custom "Buffy-verse" cards to rope my teen daughter into the game. I don't think she's likely to come near it without an IP she's invested in, but maybe that'll be the gateway into playing more LNOE like I should have been doing all these years.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2021, 11:39 AM
RE: Back from the dead
gk the "Cult of the New" can be a bitch ,I'm currently on Game Probation for going all in on AH3 my wife was releasing me this month
but we just found out the front balcony needs repairs so I'm extended until Fall.

Still if FFP suddenly whips out a new AToE Expansion I'll be ready to violate Probation.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
06-21-2021, 04:34 PM
I can get on board with a Buffyesque flavour! Vampires and hunters would be awesome.
I LOVE doing custom content for this game, and our people here are fantastic for heling find balancing issues and proofing for wording/spelling etc.

If you want a hand with any of the content, let me know! I've made myself some decent PSD templates so prototyping is nice and fast Watchmen02
06-23-2021, 12:53 AM
Buffy verse is an awesome idea Watchmen02

But yeah. I skipped on the 10th for a while but after picking it up have absolutely no regrets. Such a nice edition of the game. Breathes new life into the experience
06-24-2021, 08:59 PM
Greetings Geekinjenkins, glad to hear you've regained an interest in LNoE. A friend of mine does have the 10 year edition and I'm really impressed by it. I look forward to seeing what you create.
07-10-2021, 07:41 PM
welcome. The cult of the new often gets me with games also