Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Greetings! And I show off my custom case
09-22-2012, 12:39 AM
RE: Greetings! And I show off my custom case
That is the best looking case I have seen used. Did you have to alter it much for the coast expansion?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2012, 02:58 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2012 02:59 AM by JRSly.)
(09-22-2012 12:39 AM)Karden5048 Wrote:  That is the best looking case I have seen used. Did you have to alter it much for the coast expansion?

Thanks very much! I didn't have to alter the case itself any yet. I've rearranged some things but luckily nothing that required any reworking of the physical components in the case. All I lack is the first Hero Pack, easy, plenty of room for four more miniatures, and the web supplements so I'm confident in it being able to hold the whoooole package.

I mentioned that the Event and Mystery decks are getting really high but an easy solution was to wrap each deck with Hugo's Amazing Tape. There's still plenty of room (in regards to being able to close the lid) for the stacks to get higher by 20 cards or more, the only issue was the stacks getting so tall that they'd extend over the walls and that would allow cards to slide off the top of the deck and all around the case. Not good. So I can just wrap the decks in Amazing Tape and no cards are going anywhere and I should be able to add the remaining expansions without issue.

The next thing I'm mulling in my head is new Minion storage. First, I'm determined to find an easy way to organize them all so finding the right ones for the Villain will be quick and painless. Flying Frog has certainly made it tough with some, namely the web villains, having minions split across two different type of minions from two unique Villains. I'm trying to think of some way to logically store and identify everything to make finding the ones you need a breeze.
09-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Well it sounds like you have everything well in had. I want to try and do something like this for my game but I haven't had the time to set my mind to it, nor the money for the materials and tools.
09-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Ordered my case the other day plan on using it for Last Night on Earth I hope that I can make it look at least half as good as yours. Wish me luck!

Every moment has the potential for the enlightenment in which you seek.

~Bryan
勲刀士, Warrior of the Triumphant Blade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-26-2012, 12:50 PM
jr sly ....the only way is to simply know how many of each counter there is snd whar is on each side...

09-27-2012, 10:44 PM
jr sly - I had the same idea for sorting minions, and found that it is easiest to separate them bby which set they came in - Core, Wicked, and Coast. From there it is pretty easy to sort thru and pick out the eight or so minions that will be used game to game.
09-29-2012, 12:03 AM
I will have to go through and do that. I just finished a case for all of them but it's a plastics tube with cups and cases for everything, not as awesome as a wooden case but it works for me.
10-05-2012, 09:03 PM
I just started the wood burn on mine for Last Night on Earth!!! It's taking a little longer than I want but it will be awesome!!! Thanks for the great idea!

Every moment has the potential for the enlightenment in which you seek.

~Bryan
勲刀士, Warrior of the Triumphant Blade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user