Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Greetings! And I show off my custom case
05-16-2012, 11:13 AM
RE: Greetings! And I show off my custom case
Nice my wife has a couple of these for her Art Supplies,HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......................no wayInsane10

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2012, 12:55 PM
(05-15-2012 02:01 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  No worries. When you explained it I had a real *duh* moment. Watchmen02 Another thought I had for those type boxes is to print off a copy of the cover & decoupage it on. I've never done that before, but I've read a little bit about it & think it would yield an good result. But in this case, wood burned would definitely be better. Gives it more of a folksy rustic look, befitting the theme. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01
Yeah, there a few ways you could go with an idea like this. I first thought woodburning, cause like you said it really fits the theme perfectly. But I wasn't sure how easy it would be and so I also considered buying rub-on decal paper and applying the logo that way. Hadn't thought of decoupaging before, that's certainly an option too. Might be something to try later on with another game's box.
07-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Awesome case! When I saw this a few weeks ago I went out and bought one for myself. Im having to do a differant layout from yours because Im a little OCD about my gaming pieces being in sleeves lol. Almost done assembling it, then its time for paint and wood finish. Wont be able to do the wood burning like yours though. Amazing job!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MythosGamer/videos
07-06-2012, 02:03 PM
That is amazing work!

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
07-08-2012, 08:09 AM
(07-05-2012 07:27 PM)MythosGamer Wrote:  Awesome case! When I saw this a few weeks ago I went out and bought one for myself. Im having to do a differant layout from yours because Im a little OCD about my gaming pieces being in sleeves lol. Almost done assembling it, then its time for paint and wood finish. Wont be able to do the wood burning like yours though. Amazing job!!
Oh cool! THE MythosGamer...I love your videos. Thanks very much for the kind words and I'm glad you liked the idea enough to go grab a case of your own. Please post some picks when you're done, I'm still tempted to try a paint or stain on mine.

Thanks to you as well, Canadian Pitbull.
09-19-2012, 03:38 AM
Well, the moment of truth...I got The Coast and Hero Pack 2 today and juuuuust managed to fit it all in the case. But I say that with some qualifiers, first if anyone has been following my Android app thread, I removed all the Villain cards since I won't need them. That made it easy to fit in all of the Hero cards.

And the regular cards barely managed to make it in there...phew. To make everything fit, I removed all the copies of the reference cards(werewolf heroes, statues, game turns) and left only one card of each in my stack. And even so, every pile is filling the compartments absolutely to the brim, luckily the foam backing that I put on the removable tray gets compressed and sinks into the compartments and holds everything snugly. So I don't think there's risk of cards coming out of their spots and sliding around the case. The new board fits fine in its place without any issue.

I've been rearranging the counters recently and got a new container for the Minions that I knew would be necessary once the Coast arrived. So I did some more rearranging and took all of the "house rule counters" (markers for the Allies and Elders, Journal pages) and put them all in sort of a 'junk container' that won't be accessed too much, so I could make room for the Haunted and Sleepless tokens that are necessary for gameplay.

And the final aspect was the additional Mystery and Event cards. They again, just barely fit, especially the Mystery cards. I'm sure if I pick up, and I want to, the Madness and Allies supplements that I'll be in trouble and have to do some rearranging. There's some room in the Hero card compartments, I could probably put some smaller decks in there and make more room. But boy...everything sure is tight now, I'm glad that at least for the moment, all of it could fit in there.
09-19-2012, 04:21 AM
The pictures seem to be disabled for me. Insane19
09-19-2012, 10:18 AM
(09-19-2012 04:21 AM)Bokya Wrote:  The pictures seem to be disabled for me. Insane19

Did you go back to the first page of this Thread?
The pictures are in the first post & I'm seeing them.

JRSly-Looks like you may need to get really creative when
"The Lost Colony" arrives but you probably have a year or
so to plan.Zombie12

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-20-2012, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2012 06:30 AM by Bokya.)
I guess I need to be part of imageshack to view em.
09-20-2012, 06:58 AM
I reuploaded the images through Imgur, very strange that Imageshack might give you any troubles, but hopefully now you can see them.