Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Greetings from OU
03-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Greetings from OU
hello!

so...been gaming with LNOE for about a year now (during the school year, graduate student) with a good friend of mine Watson--who actually owns the game. we get people together about every Sunday to go through a scenario or two and then (if there's time) we play other games such as Cosmic Encounter.

we've pretty much played exclusively the original LNOE, but I just got a copy of TP and Watson is getting a copy of GH later this week--and I suspect our love for the game means this is only the beginning. I am hunting the internet for more scenarios (we've played the ones we have the expansions for off of the FFP website) and I am delighted to stumble across this community.

so I guess I have three questions for long time gamers:

1) we often play with more heroes than the game recommends (even all the heroes in LNOE). in the past we've started adding cards to a zombie player's hand (1-4 cards depending on how many heroes are added over 4). I think now that we have more figurines we may add a third zombie player with another color (I think at maybe the 9 person playing?). are there any rules that other people use that they feel work well?

2) also, now that we're combining decks, is there a standard size of deck that is particularly good for play? I love the danger of the heroes almost running out of cards. we played one epic Save the Townsfolk (with at least 3 good initial reversals) only to be destroyed by the zombies in the last hour by the Zombies discarding the top ten cards. I'd like to keep that a part of the game... also, should the deck size change with the number of players that are added above the recommended?

3) I suppose, feel free to share with me any homemade scenarios--always looking for a good new one!

that's my story. I look forward to hearing from and sharing with you all.

Greg

"with just a touch of my burning hand..."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2013, 07:26 PM
RE: Greetings from OU
Welcome tp TZG.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Welcome to the boards! Hope to see you around a lot more.

1) As far as I know, there are no official rules for adding more heroes to the game. However, I do recall seeing somebody on this site came up with their own custom rules for doing so. I keep forgetting where I saw it, though. Hopefully I can either dig it back up, or somebody else remembers.

2) Actually, you are perfectly welcome to just keep all the decks combined. It does make the Hero deck and Zombie deck very large, but folks on the boards here have confirmed it does not seem to unbalance the game too much. Even in the case where the heroes have to find specific items, there is enough of a balance of extra items thrown into the new decks, along with more of those "Just What I Needed" type cards.

3) You will definitely find plenty of those on this site. ;-)
03-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Where's OU?...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-05-2013, 11:24 PM
(03-05-2013 10:15 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Where's OU?...

sorry, Ohio University. our group is predominately graduate students in the Theatre Dept.

03-06-2013, 03:43 AM
Greetings aldrichgreg,

1) There's a dots cost that was first introduced with the Growing hunger expansion. An extra Hero costs 5 dots. The dots system is a method where players can create their own scenarios or tweak existing scenarios. If you add a Hero, make sure the Zombies get 5 dots worth of stuff too! There's a thread I did here listing all of them.
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ence-chart

2) The deck size can be as large as you want it to be. Just be aware if you are making the deck smaller. Remove the cards by expansion. For example take out Growing Hunger or Timber Peak etc. The reason is the decks are all balanced especially with regards to scenario search items.

3) Here's one I did a few years a go. Called Get To The Choppa! http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...HE-CHOPPER

Have fun checking out the site!Zombie17
03-06-2013, 09:31 PM
(03-06-2013 03:43 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Greetings aldrichgreg,

1) There's a dots cost that was first introduced with the Growing hunger expansion. An extra Hero costs 5 dots. The dots system is a method where players can create their own scenarios or tweak existing scenarios. If you add a Hero, make sure the Zombies get 5 dots worth of stuff too! There's a thread I did here listing all of them.

Really? How did I forget that. I just got Growing Hunger for Christmas. I'll have to re-read the rule book again. I hadn't thought there was an official rule on it, because I remembered once seeing a custom rule somebody created for it.
03-06-2013, 11:18 PM

2) The deck size can be as large as you want it to be. Just be aware if you are making the deck smaller. Remove the cards by expansion. For example take out Growing Hunger or Timber Peak etc. The reason is the decks are all balanced especially with regards to scenario search items.

3) Here's one I did a few years a go. Called Get To The Choppa! http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...HE-CHOPPER

Have fun checking out the site!Zombie17

thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. this is super informative. I think we shall try this point system tonight. Get to the Choppa! sounds fun as well (I think I'll try to locate myself a little helicopter...)

03-07-2013, 12:53 AM
(03-06-2013 09:31 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  

Really? How did I forget that. I just got Growing Hunger for Christmas. I'll have to re-read the rule book again. I hadn't thought there was an official rule on it, because I remembered once seeing a custom rule somebody created for it.

The Extra Hero dot cost 1st appeared in the All Hallows Eve II: The Ritual Free Web scenario.

Check it out here
http://www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonear...Ritual.pdf

hope this helps
03-07-2013, 08:24 PM
(03-07-2013 12:53 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 09:31 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  

The Extra Hero dot cost 1st appeared in the All Hallows Eve II: The Ritual Free Web scenario.

Check it out here
http://www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonear...Ritual.pdf

hope this helps

Coolio! You know how the say you learn something new every day? I seriously think I learn something new about this game every day. LOL!