Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gremlins fans? Gizmo's Great Escape.
06-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Gremlins fans? Gizmo's Great Escape.
Anybody else here a fellow Gremlins fan? The wife and I were in New Hope several months ago and swung by one of our favorite stores. I saw a pack of little Gremlins figures. I thought they were just that, just figures. They looked really cool, so I gave them a closer look. Turns out, it was actually a board game!

Now, mind you, it is a very small, very simple board game that only takes you about ten minutes to play. So, it isn't like it was meant to be a full, real board game. It wasn't like it was meant to occupy loads of time, and be really varied and different like Last Night On Earth.

But, for what it is, it is actually a lot of fun! My personal recommendation (especially with it being such a short game) is to play the game with your opponent in two rounds. One in which you each get to trade off playing as the Gremlins or Gizmo. This way, you each get a chance to try both sides.

It is a very simple game. Gizmo is trying to get to the escape spaces on one side of the board, the Gremlins are trying to kill Gizmo. The cards allow the Gremlin characters to move, and the Gizmo character to move and often times also move some Gremlins to try to get them into a trap.

It definitely isn't a game you will become obsessed with and play endlessly. But, then, it very obviously wasn't really meant to be. It was just a fun, cheap little game for a quick play. For what it is, I love it! It could certainly fit nicely into a game day as a game to play in between other longer games.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2012, 04:02 PM
RE: Gremlins fans? Gizmo's Great Escape.
This sounds awesome! I had like every Gremlins toy as a child... But not this. Pictures!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-25-2012, 04:01 AM
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/71899...eat-escape

Someone designed an expansion map for the game, so clearly someone out there really really enjoys this.
06-25-2012, 06:14 AM
I saw this awhile back and was curious of the gameplay. Its not expensive for 15 bucks and you get those minis! I remember seeing a Freddy VS Jason game similar to that one as well
06-25-2012, 05:45 PM
(06-25-2012 06:14 AM)phantomninja Wrote:  I saw this awhile back and was curious of the gameplay. Its not expensive for 15 bucks and you get those minis! I remember seeing a Freddy VS Jason game similar to that one as well

Yes, you are correct. They have a similar Freddy vs. Jason game. I still want to pick that one up too. That one is actually just slightly more involved, in that it takes about a half hour (30 minutes) to play instead of just 10 minutes. It looks pretty cool too. It looks like another game that could do well in a game night as a smaller, quicker game to play between other longer, more involved games.
06-25-2012, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2012 08:44 PM by PJON.)
Hi. looks like a really cute game. It reminds me of an older german game called igel-argern. Loosely translated to say "Hedgehogs in a Hurry". Its a simple cute game, with some intersting scenarios. There is the basic game where you try to get your 4 hedgehogs to the finish first. The is another scenario called "drug test" - the first hedge hog across the finish line is disqualified. He must be on something to finish so fast Watchmen02

Im not sure if they play the same way, but they look similair.
igel-argern

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
06-26-2012, 01:05 PM
(06-25-2012 06:14 AM)phantomninja Wrote:  I saw this awhile back and was curious of the gameplay. Its not expensive for 15 bucks and you get those minis! I remember seeing a Freddy VS Jason game similar to that one as well

Hey phantomninja,

After I saw your post I went searching for the Freddy vs Jason game. It looks like fun and the miniatures are nicely done. Wouldn't it be sweet if the Freddy and Jason miniatures fit the scale for LNOE? Freddy could be a hero and Jason could be a zombie boss...

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
06-26-2012, 05:58 PM
PJON,

That is really cool. I'd never heard of that. Thanks for sharing that. This Gremlins game definitely does seem similar to that. Maybe got its inspiration from that game.

(06-26-2012 01:05 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  Hey phantomninja,

After I saw your post I went searching for the Freddy vs Jason game. It looks like fun and the miniatures are nicely done. Wouldn't it be sweet if the Freddy and Jason miniatures fit the scale for LNOE? Freddy could be a hero and Jason could be a zombie boss...

Now that would be interesting! LOL! Though, actually I could even see something a little different. I could see having a custom scenario created in which Freddy is controlling the zombies somehow. Maybe you are trapped in his nightmare world, or maybe he is controlling them in the real world somehow so you aren't safe asleep or awake. Then, maybe Jason can be thrown in as one of the zombies as well, only obviously he is much more powerful. He could be a specialty zombie like the Grave Dead or Zombies with Grave Weapons.

That would be awesome! I would love to see somebody grab the miniatures, and develop a scenario like that.
06-26-2012, 07:28 PM
@ GoodCop, there are pics on BGG that actually show Jason as a Boss for LNOE, let me see if I can find any links. I believe the height is that of HeroClix,HorrorClix.