Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gritty Greetings from Austria
04-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Gritty Greetings from Austria
Hey there guys,

with zombies becoming a mass phenomenon I really grew tired of the genre, so LNoE was actually the last of the FFPG games I bought and only because there was a guy who sold it to me with Growing Hunger included for a very reasonable price.
Now let me clarify that I actually much prefer A Touch of Evil to LNoE - HOWEVER, there is something to be said for the straight-forwardness that LNOE brings to the table, which, to be honest, makes these two games very different affairs, which is great, since they scratch different itches for me.
Now I consider myself a fan, even though I still think there's too many zombie games made these days.
Aside from the simplicity, I especially think that the biggest strenght of LNoE is it's modularity. It is so easy to add or change stuff.

And this is why I decided to join this community, so that I can partake in the creation of new content for it.

So there ya go, that's all I got! Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: Gritty Greetings from Austria
Welcome. And I think you hit the nail on the head in your comparison of ATOE and LNOE. ATOE is what brought me to the site but I now enjoy LNOE just as much for different reasons - the straight forward head to head feel is one of them. They both scratch different itches for me also - well put!

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
04-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Welcome to TZG, my preferred Game is also AToE but I also own LNoE with a couple of expansions.
Looking forward to your creations.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
04-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Welcome to the shrine of the Flying Frog!

I have not played A Touch of Evil, but I considered it while at my local game store on Sunday.

One day...
04-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Greetings Nerzenjaeger,
I agree the market has become saturated with Zombie paraphernalia but I can't help but love those rotten freaksZombie17

I play LNoE and AToE. Those games are my two favourites.
04-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Don't get me wrong guys, since watching the remake of Dawn of the Dead ten years ago and watching the classics as a child even before that in the early to mid-nineties, the popcultural acceptance of the genre has risen to mainstream heights. So it's not that I dislike the genre, I just find myself to be oversaturated. That being said, I really enjoy Carnival Zombie, which also is a Zombie Boardgame, but a fully cooperative one.

As for AToE: I have everything there is for the game. From the promos to the Hero Packs, to the Expansions of course, everything. Same with Fortune & Glory, which AToE is closer to than LNoE. AToE even is one of the few games that I play solo from time to time, it just tells such a cool story.

Now I would love if there was an offical solo mode for LNoE, but it is not as easy to implement I guess.
04-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Welcome to the boards! I love both A Touch of Evil and Last Night On Earth, so I definitely hear you. For my part, I do lean more towards LNOE. Not quite sure why. I love all sorts of horror monsters, not just zombies, so it isn't just because LNOE is a zombie game. Just something about it appeals to me just a teeny tiny bit more. But, both games are still very awesome! I have not gotten to play the other Flying Frog games yet, but am very much looking forward to doing so.

Anyway, welcome to the boards. Hope we see you around a lot more.