Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Growing Hunger Question
01-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Growing Hunger Question
In the Plague Carrier scenario, it's noted that the Carriers can't move normally -- is this the same case in other scenarios, assuming one rolls a 6 at the beginning of the game to treat the Grave Dead as Carriers? Or is the no movement rule a staple to Carriers in general?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2013, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 11:18 AM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Growing Hunger Question
(01-11-2013 11:28 PM)Rullys Wrote:  In the Plague Carrier scenario, it's noted that the Carriers can't move normally -- is this the same case in other scenarios, assuming one rolls a 6 at the beginning of the game to treat the Grave Dead as Carriers? Or is the no movement rule a staple to Carriers in general?

I can see how you're confused between Plague Carriers and Grave Dead with the Carrier Ability (you roll a 6 at during the Set up). However they are completely different.

Plague Carriers have the no movement rule. (see scenario and notes below)

Grave Dead with Carrier Ability Move as normal. Their Carrier ability allows them to turn Heroes into Zombie Heroes on a 5+ after wounding them. It probably would've been clearer if FFP had named it differently to avoid confusion.

Here's some additional information on Plague Carriers from Jason C. Hill

'Plague Carriers are never returned to the Zombie Pool and do not count toward the number of Zombies on the board for rolling to spawn.'

'Plague Carriers DO count as Zombies in every way. Plague Carriers may NOT move other than for Zombie Hunger (they may not be affected by movement cards such as Relentless Advance, etc).
Other than movement oriented cards, you can play any cards on a Plague Carrier just like any other Zombie.'

Hope this answers your question.
Find all posts by this user
01-12-2013, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 09:58 PM by Rullys.)
Yes, that makes things much clearer, thanks.

So I assume this also means that the 2-space Hunger ability for Plague Carriers doesn't apply to the Grave Dead zombies with the Carrier ability? In other words, the only effect Grave Dead Carriers get is instant Zombie Heroes? (with a roll)

Thanks again!

Edit: Also, I notice that Plague Carriers have 2 health boxes. Does this mean they have to be 'killed' 2 times to be removed from the board, given that being 'fended off' doesn't hurt the zombies in any way? Does this include shooting them with long-ranged weapons, such as the shotgun, or would that result in a 1-hit kill?
01-13-2013, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 05:17 PM by samuraitrev.)
(01-12-2013 08:26 PM)Rullys Wrote:  So I assume this also means that the 2-space Hunger ability for Plague Carriers doesn't apply to the Grave Dead zombies with the Carrier ability?

The 2 space Zombie hunger does not apply to the Grave Dead Zombies with the Carrier ability.

In other words, the only effect Grave Dead Carriers get is instant Zombie Heroes? (with a roll)

Yes the Grave Dead Zombies can turn Heroes into Zombie Heroes with a 5+ after a wound.

Does this include shooting them with long-ranged weapons, such as the shotgun, or would that result in a 1-hit kill?

If you Hit a Zombie with a Ranged Weapon it's a Wound. Unless the Weapon says the Zombie is KIlled.

Edit: Also, I notice that Plague Carriers have 2 health boxes. Does this mean they have to be 'killed' 2 times to be removed from the board, given that being 'fended off' doesn't hurt the zombies in any way?

The Plague Zombies have to be Wounded twice before they're removed from the board. If any Zombie is fended off they are not wounded. (this includes Plague Zombies)
01-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Once again, Samurai beat me to it. So, all I can say is, ditto. LOL!

But, I can definitely see where you got confused. I keep getting the two confused myself as I just got Growing Hunger for Christmas.

Also, the whole "wound" "kill" thing is a bit confusing at first.

The easiest way to think of it is this...

Anything in the game (unless the card states otherwise) that would hurt a zombie (winning the fight and rolling doubles, successfully hitting them with a ranged weapon, etc.) only causes one wound...

It just so happens that most zombies die after one wound. There are certain zombies (the Plague Carriers, Zombie Heroes, etc.) that take more than one wound.

Also, that said, if a specific card states that it allows a zombie to be "instantly killed" then this literally means instantly killed, no matter how many wounds they would normally have. So, for example, even if it were a freshly turned Zombie Hero Sam with four wounds, if you successfully use a card on him that allows you to "instantly kill" him, then he is dead.

Hope that helps as well. ;-)
01-14-2013, 11:46 PM
(01-12-2013 08:26 PM)Rullys Wrote:  Yes, that makes things much clearer, thanks.

So I assume this also means that the 2-space Hunger ability for Plague Carriers doesn't apply to the Grave Dead zombies with the Carrier ability? In other words, the only effect Grave Dead Carriers get is instant Zombie Heroes? (with a roll)

Thanks again!

Edit: Also, I notice that Plague Carriers have 2 health boxes. Does this mean they have to be 'killed' 2 times to be removed from the board, given that being 'fended off' doesn't hurt the zombies in any way? Does this include shooting them with long-ranged weapons, such as the shotgun, or would that result in a 1-hit kill?

Keep in mind some cards say wound others say kill so if the plague carrier were "killed" you ignore all its health boxes instead.
01-15-2013, 01:05 AM
(01-14-2013 11:46 PM)LSD Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 08:26 PM)Rullys Wrote:  Yes, that makes things much clearer, thanks.

Thanks again!

Keep in mind some cards say wound others say kill so if the plague carrier were "killed" you ignore all its health boxes instead.

Hit 'em with the Signal FlareZombie20
01-15-2013, 09:53 AM
(01-14-2013 11:46 PM)LSD Wrote:  Keep in mind some cards say wound others say kill so if the plague carrier were "killed" you ignore all its health boxes instead.

I wouldn’t say ignore health boxes per say. "Killed" just means fill all remaining wounds, so if a zombie could have 3 wounds and was unwounded before that kill effect, if they had a "prevent a wound" I think this would mean you would only fill two of the wounds (or rather fill three then take one back?).

In this case where it has 2 wounds you could prevent one of them with the right card on a "killed" effect (unless "killed immediately" like with meat cleaver?).

I bit the sheriff.. but I did not bite the deputy.

---------------------------------------------------
I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.