Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guidelines for this Forum
11-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Guidelines for this Forum
Before we begin using this forum area, let us come to a consensus about formatting our threads. (And let us thank LabRat for bringing up the idea we should have this little area here.)

My personal opinions (not those as a moderator) below:

I agree that we need to have a standard format for thread subjects. At the very least something like: [GAME] Title

I do not believe that person needs to be included in the subject (since it's in the thread elsewhere), but if you see yourself doing a series, I do believe that you should come up with a [tag] for your series of related posts.

[VIDEO] clearly is a tag if you're going to have a video recap, and [IMAGES] if you have pictures from during the game.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: Guidelines for this Forum
I agree that there needs to be some posting rules so people can keep up with the different peoples games. I also agree that we don't really need the persons name in the topic title,as that is stated on the page already. I was thinking something along these lines would work and be simple enough not to cause a ton of really long thread titles.

Pathfinder: 11-4-2012 or LNOE: Revenge of the Dead

additional info can always be added like LNOE: Hunt for Survivors, Game Report or add a simple tag like number of players or a simple outcome like LNOE: All Hallows Eve, zeds win, 4p.

Just some thoughts on the situation. Looking forward to posting our D&D shenanigans here.
Find all posts by this user
11-08-2012, 02:31 PM
I think this forum is a great idea!

Something I would like to see as a preface to every initial thread post would be something like the following example for ATOE (i understand LNOE or IFOS may need a tweak or two):

Code:
ATOE: Song of the Seas
Villain: The Siren (Advanced)
Heroes: Sarah, Katarina, Brother Marcus
Expansions: SW & TC
House Rule/Variant: Hurry up/On the Double  -  Minions can kill Elders

I feel this would help any reader up front who especially may want to understand any particular rules and how they are played in other's games.

Just a thought.

W.J.
11-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Well this will be like herding cats i'm sure but Sam has already populated the Forum
& it looks good.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-09-2012, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 02:08 AM by samuraitrev.)
(11-08-2012 11:38 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Well this will be like herding cats i'm sure but Sam has already populated the Forum
& it looks good.

OD

I think this new section's a great idea. I like reading Game Reports as much as like writing them. So let's hear about your latest game!