Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guides x2 and Brother Darius Allies painted.
01-12-2021, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2021 09:46 PM by samuraitrev.)
Guides x2 and Brother Darius Allies painted.
Hi all, carrying on with my AToE project here's some Allies I can use for Something Wicked. The two Guides can be bought from The Monastery as Monastery Items. Brother Darius is an Ally that can be found in the Monastery Deck.

These miniatures are from a company called Wargames Foundry (product code GPR029 Jolly Monks).
https://www.wargamesfoundry.com/products...1c7a&_ss=r
They cost me £14 ($19.13) for six figures.

Pros and cons of these miniatures:
Pros: Great value (works out as) £2.33 or $3.18 per model
28mm scale
All individual sculpts with plenty of character.
No building required

Cons:
I would have liked just one or two wearing their hoods (or a swap head option)
One figure that I painted has a crack in the metal (I'm guessing caused during manufacture).
Just a small point really: The three figures I painted were all sculpted looking like all their eyes are tightly closed (can't paint their eyeballs, it just seemed a little strange to me).
They have their own metal base (I felt I had to base them myself for stability).

Overall, I would grade these miniatures 4/5.
Conclusion: Good, solidly built figures with plenty of character. I love 'em!

Please comment or ask any questions you may have.
Many thanks for looking and happy painting!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2021, 01:24 PM
RE: Guides x2 and Brother Darius Allies painted.
Nice paint job(as usual) the figs poses are a tad static (but then again they're monks).

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-15-2021, 09:39 PM
(01-14-2021 01:24 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Nice paint job(as usual) the figs poses are a tad static (but then again they're monks).

OD

I Agree, pretty basic but fit for purpose. Thanks for commenting OD. How's your plastic backlog or shouldn't I ask? Zombie20
01-17-2021, 04:02 PM
(01-12-2021 09:44 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Hi all, carrying on with my AToE project here's some Allies I can use for Something Wicked. The two Guides can be bought from The Monastery as Monastery Items. Brother Darius is an Ally that can be found in the Monastery Deck.
The middle one looks like the late, great Pete Postlethwaite!
01-17-2021, 04:54 PM
(01-17-2021 04:02 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(01-12-2021 09:44 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Hi all, carrying on with my AToE project here's some Allies I can use for Something Wicked. The two Guides can be bought from The Monastery as Monastery Items. Brother Darius is an Ally that can be found in the Monastery Deck.
The middle one looks like the late, great Pete Postlethwaite!

You're right!Zombie17