Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guild Wars 2
07-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Guild Wars 2
Although I'm a great lover of the board game, It's only recently (Over the past few years) that I've been able to indulge this passion. But for the past 15 years I've been an avid player of MMO's. UO, DAoC, WoW, Aion, SW:G, SWtoR and soon Guild Wars 2.

I was wondering are there any of my fellow Zed-heads out there that are MMO gamers as well? and If so are you planning on trying GW2, I've had the honor of playing in almost all of the Beta tests and so far it's a great game, for those that played Dark Age of Camelot the WvW combat has a very similar feel to DaoC.

Anyway a few of my friends (well most of my friends but a few people, sad i know) share my love of MMO's and have been playing games together since the release of World of Warcraft, some of these make up what we are calling "Nerd Night" the nights we get together to play LNoE and other Board Games, We fall under an old WoW guild called Shadow Guards, and if any of you out there are thinking of playing GW2 It's be nice to play along side you. Feel free to join my Facebook Group, just do a search for Shadow Guards or send a FaceBook PM to Sean Ely. That way you'll be able to keep track of what server we're planning on playing on.

Cheers for your time.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2012, 05:57 AM
RE: Guild Wars 2
In what ways does GW2 differ from GW1?
07-26-2012, 11:14 AM
I Never played GW1 so all I know is that you can play a Charr which you couldn't in GW1 and there is anoth new race, I'd assume the Professions are new or at least revamped. As someone who's not played GW1 I really don't know anything more than that (which is what I've heard on a pod cast)

Ofc the main reason for playing it would be that I'll be there <laughs>

If your a GW1 Vet, have a look at youtube guildwars 2 vids and see if you can see any difference, but from reading the forums there seems to be quite a few GW1 Vets awaiting the release date so it must have something to offer.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't
07-26-2012, 11:14 AM
I Never played GW1 so all I know is that you can play a Charr which you couldn't in GW1 and there is anoth new race, I'd assume the Professions are new or at least revamped. As someone who's not played GW1 I really don't know anything more than that (which is what I've heard on a pod cast)

Ofc the main reason for playing it would be that I'll be there <laughs>

If your a GW1 Vet, have a look at youtube guildwars 2 vids and see if you can see any difference, but from reading the forums there seems to be quite a few GW1 Vets awaiting the release date so it must have something to offer.

07-26-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't have much time to play MMO nowadays, but I've been hacking n' slashing Diablo 3 now and then. If you guys play, my tag is Malkovich#1418 (there is a topic for Diablo 3 around!)
07-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Used to play GW 1 and have been playing Diablo 3 for a while can't remember my tag now...

But nowadays i've been playing Wakfu... silly game with relativelly low cost.

Sad part is like to play Final Fantasy tatics with only one char...

and that makes the game very tough if you're playing by yourself...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
07-27-2012, 04:38 AM
I wish I could play Diablo 3 but my computer cannot handle it Insane19
07-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Not much of a Diablo fan tbh, I know a few of my guild have played it, although they have gone a little quiet about it now, maybe that's because of GW2. Well just keep it inmind guys for the furture, If you're thinking of playing it there will be a friendly mature guild waiting to accept you

07-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Not much of a Diablo fan tbh, I know a few of my guild have played it, although they have gone a little quiet about it now, maybe that's because of GW2. Well just keep it inmind guys for the furture, If you're thinking of playing it there will be a friendly mature guild waiting to accept you

07-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Have any of you tried playing torchlight. Similar to diablo's mechanics with some new twists. Plus I think the second torchlight is coming out soon.