Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gym Pick up ?
12-01-2011, 04:19 PM
RE: Gym Pick up ?
(12-01-2011 01:26 PM)mqstout Wrote:  You also have to consider that there are a number of scenarios with "well stocked buildings". Since so many people start in the school (if it's there), it could be a problem.

The tile has some benefits. Larger buildings means it's a good place to bunker down and search for a few turns safely. (Also, very difficult to blow up in the zombie apocalypse scenario). It's one of the few (only?) tiles where the spawning pit isn't in the corner, which really does change the shape of the game. It sucks badly when taken over or lights out are played on them, but until then you've got a nice safe place to search that juts out pretty far towards the center of the board for a clear line of fire.

I don't yet have any of the expansions and I don't recall any scenarios saying "well-stocked buildings" at least in the main game. So at least for now, with what I have, I don't think that really matters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2011, 04:43 PM
I don't yet have any of the expansions and I don't recall any scenarios saying "well-stocked buildings" at least in the main game. So at least for now, with what I have, I don't think that really matters.

Ahhh you dont know the ways of the Goddard, nor the charm of Amanda. Try a game with Johnny, Sally, Billy, and who ever else you want to start alone.

Well Stock allows for the Pick Up ability to be activated, regardless of the discard pile. So, you can use the Pick Up ability from the Hero Deck if it is not in the Hero Discard Pile.

ohhh Personal fav, Jenny with the Baseball Bat and a Crowbar.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
Find all posts by this user
12-01-2011, 04:52 PM
(09-09-2011 11:59 PM)abomination Wrote:  Me and my wife just talked about this same thing. She is always disappointed to draw that board. Just seemslike such a waste of building.

As a frequent zombie player I love that board. Not only is it kind of useless for the players, I have often trapped starting players in there. Its a great place to use an early lights out.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user