Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Had a great game
11-15-2021, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2021 12:08 AM by khainesmith.)
Had a great game
Our first game is under our belt. Had fun and cannot wait to try out our next adventure with the advanced rules and some variants off of here plus some of our own. We won and then realized we'd lost the previous round due to the elder getting killed. Oh well, it was quite the game and it was an ancient, ancient scarecrow.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/map5gx2wpzXMf7xt8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iSM3kejm5c7FEhcS7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HJ7gtkZhU2LiXdX29
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DcpZREuSd6g1bY119
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2021, 01:32 AM
RE: Had a great game
Wow! Your setup is gorgeous. I love the crows and the candles really set the perfect mood.

Those are pretty cool health tokens too. And what dice are you using? Those look extremely unique.

I dig the scarecrow wins image too haha.

Congrats on a fun game. I think the last time we lost was to the Necromancer. Got trapped in towns square with zombies constantly streaming in and kept dying in the mystery phase until we hit game over
11-15-2021, 01:41 AM
(11-15-2021 01:32 AM)Raynor Wrote:  Wow! Your setup is gorgeous. I love the crows and the candles really set the perfect mood.

Those are pretty cool health tokens too. And what dice are you using? Those look extremely unique.

I dig the scarecrow wins image too haha.

Congrats on a fun game. I think the last time we lost was to the Necromancer. Got trapped in towns square with zombies constantly streaming in and kept dying in the mystery phase until we hit game over

That sounds pretty cool. Looking forward to fighting all the villains to see how they play out.

And thanks. Anything that enhances the gaming exp is a win in my books. The health tokens are from the Nemesis board game and the dice for the villain are the gw custom chaos dice and the dice for the heroes were the old wfb skull dice.
11-18-2021, 05:54 PM
Great set up you've got there. Thanks for sharing. Which company made the crows?
11-19-2021, 01:33 AM
(11-18-2021 05:54 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Great set up you've got there. Thanks for sharing. Which company made the crows?

Hi. GW endless spells beasts of chaos.
11-20-2021, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2021 01:26 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Really great set up makes me want to get AToE back on the Table.I thought I had posted this before but
maybe I forgot to hit "post reply"

Anyway I love atmosphere when gaming & you really nailed it.

OD

PS-I figured it out.I was so anxious to give you Reputation for this post that I forgot to post my comment
before I went to "give reputation " .

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-27-2021, 01:55 PM
(11-20-2021 01:23 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Really great set up makes me want to get AToE back on the Table.I thought I had posted this before but
maybe I forgot to hit "post reply"

Anyway I love atmosphere when gaming & you really nailed it.

OD

PS-I figured it out. I was so anxious to give you Reputation for this post that I forgot to post my comment
before I went to "give reputation " .

Well I hope once I get the whole set up done, it'll make lots of people want to get it back on the table or to give variants a go. I wish the shipping would hurry up and I could get the whole 3d table set up to show everyone. Due to funds, I will have to alter the river a bit and have it run across the boards instead of through the bog, etc, to the lake and so forth. I want it to hide the line where the battle mats meet. I'm a little ocd about stuff like that. Always the downside battle of my imagination versus my wallet.

I am now tossing around the idea around of once the board is built, of making a side business of having people over to play it with costumes and props....time and money...time and money...