Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hangar bunker and FAQ
09-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Hangar bunker and FAQ
there was a sittuation, when four heroes hid in plane hangar. After that they found signal pistol, shot and lost it, next heroes picked up the same pistol and shot -hungar turned into fortress.
Was everything correct in this siyuation?

Another question -on BGG players mentioned BGG FAQ about LNOE -could you give me the link?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2008, 03:03 PM
RE: Hangar bunker and FAQ
To make sure I'm getting you correctly...

Heroes search, USE PICK UP ABILITY to grab discarded Signal Flare. Fire (most likely killing a zombie, as they only need 2+ to hit). Discard Flare gun (it's a single use item). Next character goes, does the same?

I say that is correct. As long as your characters aren't moving as well. (they can search OR move, not both)

If the zombie player lines his zombies up like a shooting gallery, you may as well take advantage of it. I think they could defeat this by staying out of line of sight, until they can gain access.

I can't access BGG here at work, but once I get home, I can look for that link. I don't recall a FAQ, but there is a very nicely done reference sheet.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2008, 10:51 AM
thanks, I will be waiting
09-04-2008, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2008 12:42 AM by Canadian Pittbull.)
Yes as far as the rules are concerned I think that is more than legal. One of our heroes did the same where he just sat in the hanger and each turn would keep searching for the flare gun this works great when they are far away but once the Zombie player(s) start getting close you either run or hope to goodness you have something else to keep alive with.

But if your not moving and just searching each turn then ya all is good in the Hanger until the hoarde overcomes then...not so good.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
09-04-2008, 02:51 PM
decoy Wrote:thanks, I will be waiting

Well, I searched for a FAQ, and couldn't find anything like it over there.

However, navigation on that site SUCKS!
09-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Heya Decoy! I found it!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/info/26652
09-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Thank you very much!
09-06-2008, 09:38 PM
That FAQ is actually very handy....There were a couple of minor gaming issues that I wasn't doing correctly.
10-08-2009, 08:32 PM
I would add that the same signal flare card cannot be used twice in the same turn. Therefore if hero one fires the signal flare and discards it, hero two cannot immediately pick it back up and use it on the same turn.

If both signal flares are in the discard pile then two heroes could effectively pick up and fire a flare each turn.
10-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Sorry Overkill, don't agree.

As the signal flare is a one use weapon, if you use the "pick-up" to get a signal flare from the discard pile it is a new signal flare. So the 1st player could fire the flare and discard it, the 2nd could "pick-up" the flare and fire it, then discard and so on.

Likewise, if two players were in the gun shop and the first shot but lost a gun (out of ammo) the next player could "pick-up" the gun from the discard pile and use it.

The same thing can be done with the first aid kit at the Hospital - 1st player picks it up and uses, 2nd player can then pick it up and use and so on.

The confusion may be coming from the fact that a gun cannot be fired successfully then passed to another player to fire within the same Hero Turn.