Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hangar bunker and FAQ
10-12-2009, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2009 09:00 AM by Morgolon.)
RE: Hangar bunker and FAQ
zombie67 Wrote:Sorry Overkill, don't agree.

As the signal flare is a one use weapon, if you use the "pick-up" to get a signal flare from the discard pile it is a new signal flare. So the 1st player could fire the flare and discard it, the 2nd could "pick-up" the flare and fire it, then discard and so on.

Likewise, if two players were in the gun shop and the first shot but lost a gun (out of ammo) the next player could "pick-up" the gun from the discard pile and use it.

The same thing can be done with the first aid kit at the Hospital - 1st player picks it up and uses, 2nd player can then pick it up and use and so on.

The confusion may be coming from the fact that a gun cannot be fired successfully then passed to another player to fire within the same Hero Turn.

Hi

I agree with Overkill, in one FAQ (can't check now) it specifies that one "card" cannot be used more than once a turn.

So you could pick-up the same card but not use it until next turn.

EDIT : here by Jason Hill

No single copy of an 'Item' card may be used by more
than one Hero in the same turn. You MAY use a Pick
Up: to get an Item just discarded back, but cannot
then use it again this same turn.
This is covered in the forthcoming Official FAQ/Errata
and is specifically noted as applying to ALL Items now,
not just weapons.
Sorry for any confusion.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/220755
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Oh well, I was wrong.

Must say I think the rule is nonsense.

Using the flare as the example. It is a 1 use item, so once it's used it's spent. So if I then "Pick Up" a flare, I am picking up a brand new item, not the same one.

House Ruling coming into play I think on this one.
10-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Toungue RE: Hangar bunker and FAQ
zombie67 Wrote:Oh well, I was wrong.

Must say I think the rule is nonsense.

Using the flare as the example. It is a 1 use item, so once it's used it's spent. So if I then "Pick Up" a flare, I am picking up a brand new item, not the same one.

House Ruling coming into play I think on this one.

On 1 of our first game goofs I was the zombie and had 4 heros trapped in the hospital and I would have won except for the fact that they kept recyling 1 first aid kit until they won the game- if we had followed the rules I would have won! :P
10-13-2009, 01:31 AM
Just to add to my last post, the reason I think the rule is nonsense is if you think about it thematically.

Imagine you are watching a movie and the heroes are trapped, one player uses a gun/flare/first aid kit etc and then the next hero searches through draws and "picks up" another gun/flare/first aid kit and goes "Great, I found a gun/flare/first aid kit in this draw but you know what, I can't use it at the moment. Maybe if I wait until the Z's have moved a bit closer....oh yeah, now I can use it!"
10-13-2009, 02:33 AM
zombie, the rule exists strictly for a game balance reason. As a zombie player, before we were aware of that errata/fix, I'd had the infinite flare guns (and the teleporting gun) tricks used against me. The way that they work really make it so there's not really anything the zombie player can do against it, except maybe pray for a few well-timed shambles and some lucky rolls.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-15-2009, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2009 07:39 PM by cactusgarrett.)
Sorry to bring up an old thread... but i just wanted to put in my two cents with regards to zombie67's arguement. In addition to balancing the gameplay, to me, thinking thematically, if a hero finds and uses a gun, in turn emptying it, another hero can't pick up the same gun and have it magically work with full ammo.
12-15-2009, 11:19 PM
cactusgarrett Wrote:Sorry to bring up an old thread... but i just wanted to put in my two cents with regards to zombie67's argument. In addition to balancing the gameplay, to me, thinking thematically, if a hero finds and uses a gun, in turn emptying it, another hero can't pick up the same gun and have it magically work with full ammo.

The whole point of the argument I believe zombie67 is making is that it is not the same weapon!
Once it becomes discarded,it is a new weapon if picked up by someone else.Remember there are only two shotguns and two pistols in the entire deck.Considering a couple of heroes start with guns that brings the deck down to two.Now considering there is a gun shop that doesn't seem very thematic to only have two guns in an entire town.
I know what the official rule is but I personally agree with zombie67's take on it and that is also how I house rule as well.
Once discarded it is gone and if somebody picks it up again it is fresh and new or for all intent and purpose reloaded...For thematic sake of course.
Here's a little example...cinematic style...Army of darkness in the beginning of the film ash uses his boomstick like seven times sequentially and never reloads???
He is using a double barrelled shotgun...LOL
meaning two shots...Somehow he manages to only reload once during the entire film.
So that's the way I let my players play as well.once discarded it's a new weapon if found.
Otherwise you could go completely hardcore and say any weapon found in the gun-shop or anywhere else is unloaded as nobody stores loaded weapons in any retail outlet I'm aware of?
Another good house rule is if you find a pistol/sixshooter roll a die(d6 or d8 for shotgun) when it is found and that's how many bullets said gun has until it's empty.No need to roll after every use.Just my two cents.