Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hasslefree Oakley for my Ash Card... Also Cartwright
11-10-2011, 01:56 AM
RE: Hasslefree Oakley for my Ash Card... Also Cartwright
Thanks for the tip, Talos. A million years ago when I was a kid starting off painting, I felt like the enamels went on smoother than the acrylics. THis was when all figures were metal. I have been a stubborn enamels user ever since.

I am just about done with my next two figures, and they are feeling much better. What did I change? I bought the matching enamel thinner from the same company as the paints (Testors). I can tell that the wash mixed up much more evenly this time, and the figures seem to be drying without the stickiness.

If this doesn't work, I may throw in the towel and ask for acrylics for Christmas. You can't argue with results like SamuraiTrev (and many other talented painters on this site) get with acrylics.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2011, 03:39 AM
RE: Hasslefree Oakley for my Ash Card... Also Cartwright
No worries. Like you I started with enamels, but I migrated over to acrylics as they became more readily available. thinning with water makes life so much easier, and clean up is a breeze. I've also found that the current Citadel range go on more smoothly than any acrylic I've used before.

Great news that you current batch of figures are drying 'non sticky'. Hopefully you have hit the nail on the proverbial and your problem will disappear. I'd be interested to hear how they go once the paint has completely cured.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply