Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Haunted By the Past / I don't trust 'em
02-25-2011, 03:05 AM
RE: Haunted By the Past / I don't trust 'em
Great find, Ryuk!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2011, 04:56 AM
Indeed! You've all been pretty helpful.

I guess I'd have to concede that 'em could be a contraction of 'him.' But it seems like that would be 'im. Of course, 'them' is also sometimes used as a gender neutral replacement for him/her.

So the Kenny character is strange too? Are there any others? That would support the idea that strange just means weird, unless Kenny is new in town. Jake the drifter is said to have arrived "this morning" in his description in the rulebook, and that he is "a stranger to all."
Find all posts by this user
02-25-2011, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2011 06:22 AM by mistrunner.)
Stacy, Victor, and Jade are all also Strange, they are from the SOTF Expansion. Stacy: Investigative Reporter From the Neighboring City, Victor: Escaped Con Being Hunted for by Detective Winters, Jade: High School Outcast New In Town, Miltary Dad

Mistrunner
Death is Only the Begining.
02-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Hmmm....so all the "strange" characters are, in fact, not from Woodinvale! (What about Kenny?)

And BTW, SoTF is the only expansion I have, and it didn't come with any new hero characters.
02-25-2011, 08:50 AM
(02-25-2011 06:21 AM)mistrunner Wrote:  Stacy, Victor, and Jade are all also Strange, they are from the SOTF Expansion. Stacy: Investigative Reporter From the Neighboring City, Victor: Escaped Con Being Hunted for by Detective Winters, Jade: High School Outcast New In Town, Miltary Dad

(02-25-2011 08:26 AM)Russ Wrote:  Hmmm....so all the "strange" characters are, in fact, not from Woodinvale! (What about Kenny?)

And BTW, SoTF is the only expansion I have, and it didn't come with any new hero characters.

mistrunner meant Hero Pack One.
02-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Victor, the escaped con, starts the game with I Don't Trust 'Em played on him. This makes sense flavorfully, due to the background of his character. I think that some of the reason he was given the keyword Strange is to meet the criteria for I don't Trust 'Em.

The rest of the Strange characters are odd ducks, out of towners, or both.
02-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Thanks GI, and yes I did mean Hero Pack 1 sorry bout that.

Mistrunner
Death is Only the Begining.
02-25-2011, 07:53 PM
(02-25-2011 01:24 AM)Ryuk Wrote:  From the Growing Hunger Rulebook, page 10:

Q- What happens if a Hero has the Rosary and Faith that Remains in Play on them, then discards the Rosary during a Fight?
A-The Faith card continues to take affect on the Hero until the end of the current Fight. After that, it must be discarded as the Hero no longer has the Keyword Holy.

So ... if Haunted By The Past and "I Don't Trust 'em" that Remains in Play are played on a Hero, then Haunted by the Past is cancelled... "I Don't Trust 'em" continues to take affect on the Hero until the end of his/her current Exchange Items phase. After that, it must be discarded as the Hero no longer has the keyword Strange.

So it is written... so it shall be done!

I would think this is something like the way it would work. Thru the end of turn is good as well. If I was making a ruling on the fly I'd say its gone immediately.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ddgdemon/Games/Brains_Moon2.jpg[/img]
02-25-2011, 09:01 PM
I'd have to come down on the side of they both would be cancelled, but this would also against the heroes like if they lost the key word holy then if they had faith it would be discarded too. So you'd have to make a house rule.
02-25-2011, 11:54 PM
We played it that both cards were canceled, because that's what the zombie player agreed to. I'd say that Rosary thing applies pretty well. It makes sense that this situation would be handled in a similar fashion.