Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heard a Lot But Haven't Tried it Yet
09-25-2012, 01:11 AM
Heard a Lot But Haven't Tried it Yet
So I have heard many things about this game, both good and bad, I really would like to try it out but I know no one who has played it or owns it. What do you think of this game? $100 is a lot of money to drop for a game that I have never tried and haven't heard from people who are not a part of a pod cast... Of course if you are I will still hear you out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2012, 06:12 PM
RE: Heard a Lot But Haven't Tried it Yet
Karden,

I purchased FANG online and was able to pay $80 which included shipping. The cost was high i do admit, but it is one of the only games i can get the non-horror fans to play. Also the rules are much simpler, at least for the meantime. If you play cooperatively it gets a little more complex but not to the likes of trying to remember a remains in play card every round.

I think a lot of the cost is the plastic pieces, which all in all are nice, but don't make the game.

For overall game play it is fun! We have had situations where players stole the artifact right out from under another who was at a cliffhanger. There are also some wicked damning location/event cards where you can totally screw players. There is a card called something like "Shanghai surprise" where the local mobsters kidnap you and send you to shanghai. Well, my friends wife was about to win the game, if she just could make it to Moscow to deliver a secret package. She lands in Moscow, with a triumphant grin, only to pull the card, sent to shanghai, beaten by thugs, and lose a good deal of fortune (KOed). Hopefully she will play again.

Oh, I could mention how I paid for it. I grabbed even jar or can of coins I had in the house, went to Coinstar, traded in for value on an online gift certificate. So I really feel like I only spent 20 bucks.

Anywho, in summation, a good game. Worth $100? Maybe not, maybe you can ask for it for the holidays/birthday.
09-25-2012, 06:17 PM
FANG: 100% recommended. The rules scale pretty well to a variable number of players (2 up to lots). It's great.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-25-2012, 10:18 PM
Do you like other FFG games?
Do you like the theme?
Do you like lots of plastic swag?

If so, you will probably like it. Every bit as good as LNOE or ATOE
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
09-25-2012, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2012 10:57 PM by Karden5048.)
Well this has been very helpful. I will probably have to look for spare changs but I'm sure what ever I have will be a good start. It may still be a month out before I can get it but I definitely will. FFG has not disappointed me yet and I do like the idea of traveling around the world trying to achieve objectives.
And $73 on amazon that is definitely a better price.
09-26-2012, 12:45 AM
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/Board%20Ga...ger%20Game $66, and combine it with some other game you want to get free shipping once you're $100 or more.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-26-2012, 02:24 AM
Awesome thank you for the tip.