Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hell Vermin and Swamp Slugs:
08-13-2015, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2015 06:16 AM by gavindowning.)
Hell Vermin and Swamp Slugs:
Well, since Swamp Slugs and Hell Vermin aren't part of the Kickstarter, I went ahead and ordered both critters off their website last weekend. They arrived this afternoon. While the glue dries on the miniatures, I thought I'd give my thoughts on the two new monsters.

SWAMP SLUGS:

Ooof. Brutal. They've only got a single die for attack (though elite and brutal versions can get more dice, up to 4), but their damage is INSANE. Plus, their acidic venom eats away at adjacent heroes without their Defense coming in to play. Lastly, their health, their defense, and their new "Endurance" ability (which limits how much damage you can deal in a single attack) means they're just not going to be easily cleared out; you need at least five good hits on them to clear them out. They only come with a single card of each threat level for the mines, but they get three cards for Jargono, meaning they're all over the place in there.

HELL VERMIN:

Fun-looking critters. They regenerate, they're immune to crits (but overall aren't as tough as the Slugs), but they are likely dealing more damage than the slugs, and they can inflict Corruption with their bite! Plus, they can have an Elite ability called "Void Fleas," which keeps heroes from recovering Grit... and effect aside, "Void Fleas" may be one of my favorite new Elite abilities, just for the flavor it gives the encounter. Plus, you can't beat wolf-sized two-headed mutant rats for fun mine villains. They're only found in the mines, but they get two cards for each threat level.

Each beast comes with a sheet that gives some flavor text and a painting guide.

Any questions or comments, feel free to leave 'em below!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2015, 02:13 PM
RE: Hell Vermin and Swamp Slugs:
Mine are in the mailWatchmen02 Is there anything that ties the Hell
Vermin to any specific other world are they basically mine generic/

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-13-2015, 06:05 PM
They're animals from the mine which have been "consumed by Darkness", according to the flavor text page that comes with them. So they're entirely mine-critters.
08-13-2015, 09:17 PM
(08-13-2015 06:05 PM)gavindowning Wrote:  They're animals from the mine which have been "consumed by Darkness", according to the flavor text page that comes with them. So they're entirely mine-critters.

Ah..thanks I'll need to update my Mind Users Guide.

OD

08-15-2015, 01:04 AM
I really like that they're mine exclusives. That's pretty flavorful! I'm going to go ahead and try to put mine together tonight. My original Brimstone gang sort of fell apart due to various time commitments so I've been slow to assemble what I picked up at gen con. Still, I'm excited enough to try these new toys out that I'm looking to start a new gang soon as I can.
08-15-2015, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2015 10:59 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Mine came today- it's great they have a painting guide included (especially if you have the paint sets
from the KS).

As usual real life stuff in the form of company will prevent me from assembling them
until next week but I also have some BL2 Expansions that need a little assembly so
it will be a Glue Day.

OD

PS: Glue Day accomplished