Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello from Belgium
03-25-2012, 10:11 AM
RE: Hello from Belgium
Ah damn, Antwerp is a little out of my way to go play some boardgames. Watchmen02

@Goodcop, sorry to burst your dreams brother but Blue Moon is not a Belgian beer. In fact the company even got sued for misleading advertising Zombie03

For a true Belgian beer try something different. Regular beers I can recommend Stella Artois and Jupiler (an average of 4,5. % alcohol) and then if tou are feeling a little adventureous go andlay with some of the big boys. Being Corsendonk, Duvel, Omer, Karmeliet, Chimay, ... These average from 8 to 12 % alcohol and do kick like a mule Watchmen02 but they taste goooooooood Watchmen02

I need to put in a legal warning here because you americans are used to drinking beer that has the average alcohol percentage of Belgian piss so don't complain after you wake up on the floor hugging your dog or something. I can not be held responsible or ne sued for such things. Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2012, 02:13 PM
True on that. Duvels kick in after 3 or 4, and after that, cards will become harder to play. "i'll play shamble, ow wait, i mean flashlight, wait, am i playing the heroes or the zombies. Which deck should i choose, ow, i can't choose. To bad, your problem, i'm taking this deck and play shamble on becky. Run B**** Run!!!

The dutch drink a lot of belgium beers, love jupiler. But everybody should at least try Hertog Jan once. My all time favourite. Better then every "dutch" beer we have like heiniken or grolsch. That's piss in a bottle.

Ow and welcome to the forum wozzle. Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
03-25-2012, 04:37 PM
(03-25-2012 10:11 AM)Emp Wrote:  Ah damn, Antwerp is a little out of my way to go play some boardgames. Watchmen02

@Goodcop, sorry to burst your dreams brother but Blue Moon is not a Belgian beer. In fact the company even got sued for misleading advertising Zombie03

For a true Belgian beer try something different. Regular beers I can recommend Stella Artois and Jupiler (an average of 4,5. % alcohol) and then if tou are feeling a little adventureous go andlay with some of the big boys. Being Corsendonk, Duvel, Omer, Karmeliet, Chimay, ... These average from 8 to 12 % alcohol and do kick like a mule Watchmen02 but they taste goooooooood Watchmen02

I need to put in a legal warning here because you americans are used to drinking beer that has the average alcohol percentage of Belgian piss so don't complain after you wake up on the floor hugging your dog or something. I can not be held responsible or ne sued for such things. Watchmen02

lol Emp! Bummer about the false advertising but Blue Moon is definitely tasty. I've had Stella Artois and liked it. I had a beer called Shock Top, too, that tasted a lot like Blue Moon but I didn't notice if it claimed to be Belgian or not. Thanks for the advice on the higher alcohol % beers - I prefer them because I like just drinking a beer or two not a 6-pack (or a 12-pack or an 18-pack like a lot of people I run into on the job).

Luckily I don't have a dog. Watchmen02

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
03-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Blue Moon can be a "gateway beer" to good beer, however... However, we should fork to a new thread to continue the beer talk. I'll let you start it up, Emp!
03-26-2012, 05:30 PM
(03-26-2012 02:13 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Blue Moon can be a "gateway beer" to good beer, however... However, we should fork to a new thread to continue the beer talk. I'll let you start it up, Emp!

Ok sir, I will put one up as soon as I have taken the necesary pictures Watchmen02 Zombie17

04-19-2012, 07:33 PM
(03-26-2012 05:30 PM)Emp Wrote:  
(03-26-2012 02:13 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Blue Moon can be a "gateway beer" to good beer, however... However, we should fork to a new thread to continue the beer talk. I'll let you start it up, Emp!

Ok sir, I will put one up as soon as I have taken the necesary pictures Watchmen02 Zombie17

I haven't seen a beer thread started yet so I will venture one more post here - I was at the store today and found 2, I believe, real Belgian beers that look promising: Duvel Belgian Golden Ale and Gulden Draak Ale. Looking forward to trying them out!

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
04-20-2012, 07:19 AM
Sorry about that. I have been kinda busy with some pther stuff lately so I didn't have time to put up pics. You guys know me, I'm not the type of guy that just shoots pics of stuff and puts them up. I always try to come up with something original Watchmen02
But Duvel and Gulden Draak is a good starting kit (check your mail Steve)

04-20-2012, 02:26 PM
(03-25-2012 10:11 AM)Emp Wrote:  I need to put in a legal warning here because you americans are used to drinking beer that has the average alcohol percentage of Belgian piss so don't complain after you wake up on the floor hugging your dog or something. I can not be held responsible or ne sued for such things. Watchmen02

LMAO ! beer is just nasty Insane19

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-21-2012, 08:23 AM
(04-20-2012 02:26 PM)PJON Wrote:  LMAO ! beer is just nasty Insane19

Correction my dear, bad beer is nasty.
In Belgian we got some bad beers but luckily it is outshined by the awesomeness of the good ones.

Planning my beerthread now. I feel to need to educate the unknowing souls that roam this board.

05-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Enjoy!

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga