Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello from Illinois
11-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Hello from Illinois
Hi I'm new to the game and new to this site and Board. I love zombie movies and love to play All Flesh Must be eaten RPG. One of my local gaming store owners introduced me to the game. I am quite Hooked on it now.Zombie17 I have a simple question. How long should I wait to buy and add the expansion or the extra mini expansions to my base game? Do they slow the game down, or change rules, or make it more complicated? I have only played the basic game and wasn't sure. Do I really need to wait or can I just throw them in as soon as I get them? Will it be harder to teach other new players to the game with them in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2009, 04:35 PM
RE: Hello from Illinois
Nah, I don't think they add much in the way of 'difficulty', as far as learning the game.

They do add some nice depth to the game, but to be quite honest, I don't think they are absolutely necessary. I like the Growing Hunger basically because it gives us more randomness to the characters and the scenarios. But, if you are new to the game, everything is still fresh!

Welcome by the way! It's nice to see another midwesterner around! (i'm in iowa)

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-17-2009, 04:43 PM
I agree with Supervike. The card expansions available only online don't add any complications -- just some awesome cards. (Including the expanded CD -- I recommend that, too.)

Growing Hunger adds four things: new characters, new board corners, new cards, and new scenarios. The cards don't add a lot of complication to the game, and the new characters add a bunch of fun. The board corners are great. If you think a couple of the new scenarios are too complicated, just leave them out until you've had a couple new games under your belt.
11-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the group. Enjoy your stay and remember...a good zombie shares it's brains with others and also remember the good ol saying "two heads are better than one" Watchmen02
11-17-2009, 07:11 PM
DaW took my line. Grr... Zombie03

Welcome anyhow!!!

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
11-17-2009, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2009 11:39 PM by Old Dwarf.)
WelcomeWatchmen02-as others have said BUYZombie17 The Expansions
basically add more variety & depth rather than complexity.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Welcome!
11-18-2009, 07:37 AM
welcome from indy! Watchmen02

I choose to live in a state of denial...
11-18-2009, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't want any two-headed zombies walking about... that's twice the number of heads to sever to keep them down.

Welcome aboard, Nightfox.
11-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Welcome!