Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Help PROM NIGHT OF THE DEAD
04-22-2014, 12:13 PM
so i have an idea for a scenario but thats about all i have
heres the idea PROM NIGHT OF THE DEAD
4 heroes all teens start in the gym (2 male 2 female)
i know i want to have something like a male and female must be in the same space in the gym at the end kind of a last dance type thing
what i cant figure out is should it be an objective or a survive type and what could i do to make it unique
survive an onslaught of never ending zombies( continual spawn except next to the gym
kill 4 hero zombies
find a hidden object (i dont know a crown, cd, something)
any help would be appreciated
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: Help PROM NIGHT OF THE DEAD
Hmmm...

Heroes have to explore every single building on the board thoroughly? Each building yields an ally token (or another hero if you really want to go all out; ZPs get bonus zombie spawns along with new heroes...). Once each building is fully searched, everyone has to choose one building for everyone to go inside and hunker down for a few turns to win.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2014, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 03:41 PM by BigDumbYak.)
Got a great idea to go with yours cauchi!

High-Res for Printing version
Still undergoing some revisions from forum member feedback though, so there will be changes.
Prom Night of the Dead

[Image: Prom_Night_of_the_Dead_28Medium29.png]
If you can't read it...
Code:
Prom Night of the Dead
Turns: 17
Separate the Number Tokens 1-8 and place them randomly face down around the board. No more than 2 Tokens per 'L' Tile.

Setup the board with the High School, the Center Board and 3 Random 'L' Tiles.
All Heroes start in the High School Gym.

The Heroes must locate the missing King's Crown, Queen's Crown, and Aerosmith - Armageddon Soundtrack.  When a Hero starts their turn in a building that contains a Number Token, they can use their Search Action to pick up the Number Token.

1. King's Crown, put the Number 1 Token on the Character's card.
    2. Zombie Attack! Spawn 2 Zombies in the building on any space.
    3. Queen's Crown, put the Number 3 Token on the Character's card.
    4. Something useful! Draw 2 cards from the Hero Deck and keep one, discard the other.
    5. Aerosmith - Armageddon Soundtrack. Put the Number 5 Token on the Character's card.
    6. Zombie Takeover! Mark the current building as Taken Over and fill it with Zombies.
    7. A Zombie! Spawn a zombie in the buildin on any space.
    8. This'll help. Choose 1 handheld weapon from the discard pile.

•The Heroes win when they find the 3 missing items, return to the High School Gym and live until sunrise.

•The Zombies win when they kill 4 Heroes.
04-22-2014, 09:15 PM
I like it! Can't wait for the Hi-Res.

Do you think it would work to incorporate some kind of a mechanic where the Hero has to be in the particular building with their "date" in order to search? Or in order to have some kind of protection? Or some condition or benefit? I'm thinking of typical teen slasher movies where the couples get separated, and then something bad happens. Or one says "Don't go in there!", and of course they go in there. I'm thinking of some kind of a cinematic style effect.

Maybe once the #1, 3 or 5 is found it can only be claimed (picked up) if both halves of the couple are in the building.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
04-22-2014, 10:00 PM
I've got a thought about that. just scribble a couple notes and hopefully i'll have time to do it up later tonight.

1. Randomly choose a Prom King and a Prom Queen at the start of the scenario
2. The Crowns can be passed between players during the exchange phase
3. The King gets an additional Die for Attack Rolls if he is wearing(carrying) the King's Crown.
4. The Queen can force a Zombie to re-roll an Attack Die if she is wearing(carrying) the Queen's Crown.
5. If the King and the Queen are in the same space, they BOTH receive the benefits of the Crowns
6. On the downside, The King and Queen are delayed by 2 rounds if subject to "This Could be our Last Night on Earth"

Thoughts?
04-25-2014, 04:43 PM
I am loving this collaborative effort. This is an awesome scenario! I definitely want to include this in my LNOE set and try this with my gaming group sometime.

By the way, can anybody else picture Jade in this scenario, going to the prom ironically/angrily to prove some kind of teen angsty point? LOL!
04-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Amanda is locked in the gym, heroes start on the road out of town, must find keys unlock the gym and rescue the prom queen, taking her back to the road out town. Barricade rules apply to gym.
My input done
04-25-2014, 11:41 PM
I've got just the base game, but looking at Jade's character card online, that would be THE typical Zombie Flick situation. And isn't that what it's all about?

Going to play 'get to the chopper' by samuraitrev tonight. Maybe if everyone is up for a second game well try Prom night of the dead and see how it actually plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-26-2014, 12:47 AM
Nice one Fizzgaz. Prom Night of the Dead II: Gymnasium of Terror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-28-2014, 12:37 AM
(04-25-2014 11:41 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Going to play 'get to the chopper' by samuraitrev tonight. Maybe if everyone is up for a second game well try Prom night of the dead and see how it actually plays.

Let me know how it goesZombie17