Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help from people in the U.K
03-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Help from people in the U.K
Hey guys,
Maybe this will come over as a weird question but I'm weird too so there you go.
In august I plan a little trip with my family. We are going to Lego Land Windsor.
Because that is quite the drive I was wondering if you english dudes could tell me if there are other places of interest we can go to allong the way.

I'm taking my girlfriend, my 11 year old son and my by then one year old son so goong camping is out of the question. But maybe there are some holidayhouses or parcs in that place.
My girlffriend browsed the net but could not come up with something so I thought I'd ask the locals Watchmen02
Hell, maybe some of you live near there and we could meet up.

Thanks for your help.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2012, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2012 04:06 PM by zombie67.)
RE: Help from people in the U.K
Would loved to have met up but wrong part of the country for me, Emp.

Here's one or two ideas of things to do:

Check out this link: Local Attractions to Legoland

Both Chessington World of Adventure and Thorpe Park are worth a visit, I believe. I went to both when I was a kid, when Chessington was just a Zoo and Thorpe Park was a bit more educational.

Both of their sites are here:

Chessignton World of Adventure

Thorpe Park

Obviously, there is loads of stuff to do in central London but don't try and drive into to town whatever you do. Jump on a train into the centre and leave the car at the hotel or train station in Windsor or wherever you are staying.
Find all posts by this user
03-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Emp, just curious, why not go to the real Legoland-Legoland in Denmark? (One of my dream vacations I hope to do sometime...)
03-21-2012, 06:57 PM
When you decide where you'd like to go/stay etc. PM me dates and stuff and we'll meet up. Maybe even have a beer...
03-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the info guys!
I did not realise that Lego UK was so close to London. I guess we could go overthere for a couple of days. I guess going by plane or train would be a smarter thing to do then.

@ ZombieJ, damn shame you live on the wrong part of the country.
Thanks for the tips on the 2 parcs but I think we will pass them up for now. Lego land being an amusement parc as well just might be a little to much queing for my taste Zombie03

@mqstout, Denmark was an option but we plan to do this one when the little one is a bit older. So we can do that as a roadtrip and stay a little longer on the road. Probably go camping as sell as Denmark is a beautifull country. I've been to Sweden though and I was very impressed by the countryside so I think Denmark would be similar'

@ Trev, you got yourself a date mate. Just the one beer? When we plan on meeting up I will see if I can bring you some special Belgian beer for you to taste.

04-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Well, change of plans.
We just booked our holiday in DENMARK Watchmen02
So I guess we will be going to the land of LEGO afterall.
After looking up distance, prices, ... We decided that Denmark apealed more to us that the UK.
We have been to London several times and prices right now are ridiculeous with the Olympics 2012 probably.

Thanks for the advice guys and Trev...maybe some other day Watchmen02

04-05-2012, 01:35 PM
No worries Emp. Have a great timeZombie17