Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
All-in Initiative
04-09-2014, 08:18 PM
All-in Initiative
I'm looking for a better name for this so any suggestions are welcome. This was originally designed for Competitive play. I haven't played in a Co-op yet so I don't know how it would apply.

All Heroes roll 2d6 at the beginning of the round. This represents Initiative and Move.

Each player assigns one of the die results to their Initiative, the remaining die becomes their Move.

The assigning of the Initiative die is kind of like a live open auction. If you want to go first you would hope to do so with your lowest die, saving your higher die for Move. If someone wants to "outbid" you they assign a die higher than yours if they have it. If you can bid higher with your remaining die you have to decide if you need the higher move more than going first. Once all Initiative dice are assigned then roll-offs occur to break a tie if there is one.

Once Initiative is determined play continues as normal starting with the first player. All players already know what their Move die is.

If a 1 is rolled on either die the player draws an Event card. If snake-eyes is rolled the player draws and keeps two Event cards. There is no other bonus for rolling doubles.

Thoughts? Comments?

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 09:41 PM
RE: All-in Initiative
(04-09-2014 08:18 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  I'm looking for a better name for this so any suggestions are welcome. This was originally designed for Competitive play. I haven't played in a Co-op yet so I don't know how it would apply.

All Heroes roll 2d6 at the beginning of the round. This represents Initiative and Move.

Each player assigns one of the die results to their Initiative, the remaining die becomes their Move.

The assigning of the Initiative die is kind of like a live open auction. If you want to go first you would hope to do so with your lowest die, saving your higher die for Move. If someone wants to "outbid" you they assign a die higher than yours if they have it. If you can bid higher with your remaining die you have to decide if you need the higher move more than going first. Once all Initiative dice are assigned then roll-offs occur to break a tie if there is one.

Once Initiative is determined play continues as normal starting with the first player. All players already know what their Move die is.

If a 1 is rolled on either die the player draws an Event card. If snake-eyes is rolled the player draws and keeps two Event cards. There is no other bonus for rolling doubles.

Thoughts? Comments?

Why do you think the game needs this? Just curious.
04-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Cetainly not a matter of need. Just can't keep the mind from wandering Watchmen02

There are occasions, and some complaints, that some players "never" get initiative...or..."never" roll high enough to move where they need to go.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
04-10-2014, 02:32 PM
I have my group roll at the same time both, but the green die is initiative, the white die is move.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user