Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Here's my Favorites Zombie films What's yours?
01-31-2011, 06:05 PM
RE: Here's my Favorites Zombie films What's yours?
I hated Versus... I liked Planet Terror... Resident Evil is a good one... I haven't seen that in a while... I own it... but I just haven't watched it lately... musing to myself... forgive me... did I remember to put in the fabric softener??? Hmmm...

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2011, 01:17 AM
Anyone seen Dead Snow? Couple gem scenes in that one. Nothing like dangling off a cliff side, fighting a zombie while hanging on to the intestine of another zombie.

28 Days Later and Zombieland are definitely up there. I havent seen the classics in too long, might have to refresh the Netflix.
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2011, 02:26 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2012 11:37 AM by samuraitrev.)
Anyone seen Dead Snow? Couple gem scenes in that one. Nothing like dangling off a cliff side, fighting a zombie while hanging on to the intestine of another zombie.

Hi Scavenous
No I haven't seen dead snow but I've heard it's a really good zombie film. If I see it I will buy it. Always up for good zombie films. Cheers!
02-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Dead Snow has been added to my Netflix Streaming Queue. Just need to find the right time to watch it.
02-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Great scene from Undead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQrpx13SK7k&feature=fvst
02-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Dead Snow is fantastic fun, though they seemed more like ghouls than zombies to me. Still a great movie to watch with some friends while enjoying a case of beer.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-17-2011, 09:12 PM
In no particular order:
28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Snow
Dawn of the Dead ( remake )
Day of the Dead ( original )
Zombieland
02-18-2011, 05:54 PM
I also really enjoy Fido. If you haven't caught it yet, you really should. Great cast, quirky and fun zombie concept... it's a solid comedic-zombie movie all around.
03-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Dawn of the dead [remake] is my numero uno because you actually care about what happens to the characters in it. Romero has taken enough time to give you interaction and characters you either hate or love.

However, after Zombieland came along, black-comedy zombie, it for a while rose to numero uno, but after the initial fun-blaze faded, Dawn of the Dead still rules.

28 Days i think is my number three. Excellent apocalyptic scenario with raging crazies and some nice scary situations. And yes, you also care if they die or not. The sequel was ok, but didn't really

Another good parody of Dawn of the Dead is also Shaun of the dead. I guess it gets 4th place.

I did also see "Død snø" / "Dead Snow", Norwegian movie, and it is a kind of dark comedy. It is very light in theme, but surprisingly worth the watch. But no match for the other movies mentioned in my humble opinion.

I guess that's what I remember at the moment, which is what matters.

When talking about series I would recommend Walking Dead, although it is not the best I've seen so far. strangely I think I would recommend Dead Set instead, which is kind a reality-tv parody of "The Big Brother House", but serious in it own way.

If your looking for another epic apocalypse movie (but no zombies), although dark as H*ll, then I would recommend "the road". I bitter and black movie, but if your into Apocalypse, then it is a "must see".
03-02-2011, 12:38 AM
Shaun of the Dead is my #1