Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heresy
04-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Heresy
Any one have any input on the new Horus Heresy? i have been eyeing it for quite a while, I can't make out the entirety of teh mechanics of it... I am a big Warhammer 40K, Space Hulk fan as well (Genestealers vs Zombies anyone see the connection a bit?).
Any advice would be appreciated. I dont really know if I want to pay for the gaming store owners beer supply for the month.. ya know?

Oh yeah and "Blood for the Blood God!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2011, 11:32 PM
RE: Heresy
I have the GW version and it was a cool game but usually victory or defeat came down to
drawing a card to get to the WarMasters spaceship.

OD(Beer for the Beer God!)

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
04-11-2011, 06:55 PM
You know, Stoneman. I was thinking the same thing. Space Hulk is one of my all time favs, and the genestealer/ zombie comparison is scary. I do have to give it to the 'Stealers, tho. Fast moving... huge claws... and you don't know how many there are until you get LOS (They are on the gameboard as a "blip" piece until they come into LOS). I don't know if there are any special rules for Zombies yet in any of the expansion packs that would give them speed or something along those lines (on a more permanent basis... kinda like 28 days later), but I figure this is definitely the place to find out before I buy stuff! Zombie17
04-12-2011, 03:53 PM
The speediest zombies you get in the expansions are a couple of Grave Weapon zombies, who move a little faster (but still not living-speed). The crawling torso moves 2 (and it's hard to get away from him when he's in your square), and the recently dead moves D3+1 move, which is much closer to human speed. But those are luck-of-the-draw.
04-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Recently dead? Do you mean Zombie Heroes, or are you talking something else that I'm going to have to learn about?