Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hero pack 3 name survey
07-13-2018, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2018 06:20 AM by Ratmilk.)
Hero pack 3 name survey
Heya A touch of evil fans. Got something I would like some input on. I've got four big upcoming submissions I want to upload. One them is a movement mod, one of which is a brand new way to play, one of which is a villain pack with 6 villains and lastly my hero pack. The Hero pack has 6 Heroes I've come up with, two of which are native Americans. I've had no trouble with the English names but because I want to submit this to the community I was looking for a little feedback on the Indian names. I know that sometimes Native names can be a little hard to pronounce so I'm hoping you guys will pick from a list and tell me which is the most palatable to English speakers. I'll re-edit the names accordingly.

First up is my Algonquin Shaman character and here are potential names and meanings.

Achak-spirit
Ahanu-He laughs
Askook-Snake
Chogan-Blackbird
Hassun-Stone
Machk-Bear
Mingan-Grey Wolf
Rowtag-fire
Wematin-setting sun
Powaw-Priest

Second is my Iroquois Warrior.

Onas-Quill
Onontio-Big Mountain
Sheauga-Raccoon
Wahta-Tree
Hadawako-Shaking snow
Genessee-Valley
Kariwase-New way

Thanks for the input.

BTW, Exactly where is the best place in the downloads section to put this mod? Variants or miscellaneous?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2018, 11:18 AM
RE: Hero pack 3 name survey
No particular reason but I like Chogan Blackbird and Onas Quill.

I would think this would fit perfectly in Variants as opposed to General.

Can't wait to see it!

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
07-13-2018, 09:43 PM
I also was drawn to Chogan Blackbird. Also agree on Onas Quill, though also eyed Wahta-Tree.

Please no Genessee Valley -- nasty beer!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-13-2018, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2018 12:20 AM by Ratmilk.)
Thanks for the input guys. Chogan seems to keep coming up even with my friends Ive physically shown it to so Ill probably be going with that. The second English part of the names are just the translations so Chogan is the Algonquin word for Black bird. I'm writing backgrounds to go with all the characters so the meanings of those names will play into the write-ups. Thanks again guys.

(07-13-2018 09:43 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I also was drawn to Chogan Blackbird. Also agree on Onas Quill, though also eyed Wahta-Tree.

Please no Genessee Valley -- nasty beer!

Didn't even know there was a Genessee beer! We don't really get that down in Florida. The name makes sense since Rochester, NY was part of the Iroquois nations. Sorry to hear it sucks but at least you've warned me never to try it..