Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heroes Underpowered?
11-21-2012, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 12:08 AM by ForestRunner.)
RE: Heroes Underpowered?
Zombies should have an advantage... there would be no point in the game otherwise. I don't envisage any game being "turkey shoot" as being fun.

That said, no matter how many actual Hero players are present, the Hero side must work as a team to survive... let alone accomplish any scenario objectives.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2012, 02:35 AM
Honestly, It's about 6:4 in favor of the zombies.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
11-21-2012, 04:07 AM
I think the favor tips a little towards the zombies, due to getting cards pretty much every turn.

The problem with my group is there are a couple of players that love searching and getting that "treasure" and then get surrounded and killed with all that loot going to the discard pile....lol.
11-21-2012, 06:52 AM
In our group the Heroes have won 2/3 of the games we've played. My concern has actually been the opposite - that our zombie players might start feeling the game is stacked against them.
11-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Get rid of your hand every turn as the Zombies and try building fences. The only times that the Zombies will ever be in trouble is if the Heroes luck out on getting Ranged weapons really early and for some reason, they never break.
11-21-2012, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 10:43 PM by ForestRunner.)
(11-21-2012 02:35 AM)Orguss Wrote:  Honestly, It's about 6:4 in favor of the zombies.

Ours is about that as well, though I suppose the scenario choice/draw could move it around a bit. The 6:4 balance is perfect I think, and would think it would keep the masses coming back for more.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
11-21-2012, 09:15 PM
(11-21-2012 06:52 AM)kassle Wrote:  In our group the Heroes have won 2/3 of the games we've played. My concern has actually been the opposite - that our zombie players might start feeling the game is stacked against them.

Wow. That is weird. That has never been my experience with this game. It has almost always been tougher on the heroes. I don't really keep track, so I'm not sure of the ratio. Both sides definitely win from time to time, but more often than not it does go to the zombies.
11-22-2012, 12:45 PM
We are playing with the same group around once a week, at least 3 or 4 games each time. First Zombies were always winning, then it started to even out and now im feeling the heroes are a little bit over powered. I think it has to do with people playing better. As i stated before, i think that the zombies are better on the early game, and if you fail to cause big damage in the start and the heroes get to find good items, they have better stuff and more permanent cards. One game victor got some hand weapon plus monkey wrench, so there was no way i would keep a good remain in play card. We are using a house rule to select the heroes, where you get 8 semi-random heroes that form a pool, if the heroes get to pick their heroes freely it gets even more unbalanced.
11-27-2012, 10:15 AM
For us the learning curve have been like this:

First ten games the Zeds win easily.
Game 10 - 20 the heroes all of a sudden win a lot as they 'learn'
Game 20+ There is an almost even win ratio between Zeds and Heroes with the Zeds having a slight advantage, depending on the scenario played.

You have to learn how to play as a hero, but when you learn, you will be able to compete!

Cheerio,
SovTech

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
11-27-2012, 02:50 PM
(11-27-2012 10:15 AM)SovTech Wrote:  You have to learn how to play as a hero, but when you learn, you will be able to compete

Exactly!

People need to realise that in order to survive they need to WORK together. That does not mean STICK together. But by exchanging items you can go a long way.

I also wonder how zombies can keep spawning in the same place? The rules state that you must devide spawning zombies evenly amongst the spawningpits.
I hate it when I get to spawn new Z's but have to place them way on the other side of the board.

Zombies overpowered? It only seems that way at first.
A Zombieplayer can only afford to just rush into things and not worry about losing a couple of his zombies.
Heroes can not afford to rush into things, not even if they are well armed. Each move needs to be thought about and has to be carefully planned with other heroes.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user