Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heroes vs Heroes (with zombies around for a little added pressure)
06-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Heroes vs Heroes (with zombies around for a little added pressure)
I played something like this one time with my group. I usually only play with my wife at the moment, so I don't have much opportunity to test this further, but we had some great moments.

The goal is to survive by escaping in the plane. No one is a pilot. The plane only holds two plus the pilot; so you win individually. To escape, players need:
-To find a pilot (use salvage tokens, survivors are pilots). There are two survivors.
-To find the flight plans (8 number tokens, leave them all in two buildings, may have to spend multiple turns searching in one building). There are two flight plans.
-To repair the plane. Leave a second set of number tokens (1-6) in two other buildings. A player(s) with tools and repair parts gives up her move at the plane to repair it.
-Once the plane is repaired. Up to two players can escape with the pilot and the flight plans. If a person is killed, the pilot, repair parts, tools, or flight plans are dropped where they are.
-Also, the plane can't take off if there are more than two models on it, so the other humans or zombies can really cause a problem in the end.

Because play has a competitive component. Each turn, we drew cards Ace-5 to determine play order. We had hero vs hero fights play just like zombie fights. No wounds for ties unless a weapon changes that.

This had a very 'Risk'-y dynamic when we played. Everyone works together for a little while, but if one group was getting too close, the others would start shooting at them. Some people holding all the pieces might not care who goes with them. I'd recommend playing it with five or six heroes. Run the zombies on AI. Once 3 of the 4 searched components are found, have the zombie start autospawning.

Having four search components might be tricky with fewer than five people. You can switch it up so you need to gas it up instead of repairing.

Anyway. That's the idea I had. It was pretty great with my group, but probably still needs some customizing for yours. Let me know if you try it, what you did, and how it turned out.

-Joe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2015, 05:22 PM
RE: Heroes vs Heroes (with zombies around for a little added pressure)
That sounds awesome. Unfortunately, we have so many games that we haven't pulled out LNOE for a little while. We always seem to pop it back in there now and then, though. I may have to give this one a try with my group. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply