Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heros always loose?
03-11-2011, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 10:05 PM by mqstout.)
Exclamation Heros always loose?
First I want to say that my english are VERY bad!

When we playing the hero can't win.
The hero almost always loose in the fights?! How do you play a figth? Give med exampel on different ways (ex. if you play without cards, and when you have cards)

Almost always there so much zombies in the same square as a hero that the hero can't win all the fights. Even if the hero trys to run it's zombies every were?!
And how should the hero get time to search if you always have zombies after you?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2011, 10:04 PM
RE: Heros always loose?
The game is indeed usually harder for the heroes than the zombies, but the heroes can win. They have to use tactics and work together to do it. They need to keep moving around so they don't get swarmed by multiple zombies. They need to search to find weapons (fighting without weapons is usually a bad idea). Remember that they can move away from zombies at the beginning of their turn; they do not have to stay there. Heroes are fragile if they don't search.

Also make sure you're doing the zombies correctly. Reread the rules for "roll to see if new zombies spawn". It's progressively harder to fill up the board with zombies -- and all 14 zombies can only be on the board if an event card is played, since you have to roll higher than the current number of zombies on the board. Are you also making sure to balance the zombie placement? They can't all go on the same spawning pit. They have to be spread out evenly around the board.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2011, 11:14 PM
(03-11-2011 10:04 PM)mqstout Wrote:  all 14 zombies can only be on the board if an event card is played

Not true! Zombie player could have 10 zombies out, and roll an 11 or 12 for spawning, then during spawning could roll 4+ to place the remaining zombies :P

I agree with mqstout's suggestions. Double check the rules for fighting (the example on page 15 illustrates a fight nicely) and spawning. Remember that heroes can run away from zombies for free, and their only movement restrctions are walls and zombies. If you can get outdoors, it is usually pretty hard for the zombies to block off all escape routes. Also, try to keep the heroes together so that you can split up the fights on the zombie turn. Good luck!
03-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Heroes are faster and need to use this to stock up a bit early before trying hand-to-hand combat. Avoid fights unless you are armed. Keep moving when searching. Camping out in one spot is just asking to get munched.

When you get frustrated with it, make an over-powered custom character and have fun cleaining up the joint with him!
03-12-2011, 07:12 AM
(03-12-2011 12:58 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  Keep moving when searching.

So I can move when im searching?
We have play'd if you search you can't move?
03-12-2011, 07:50 AM
(03-12-2011 07:12 AM)PAJW Wrote:  
(03-12-2011 12:58 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  Keep moving when searching.

So I can move when im searching?
We have play'd if you search you can't move?

How ambiguous of me. I meant don't camp out in one building searching too long. It will eventually catch up to you.
03-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Where are you from PAJW? Maybe you speak a language that someone else here on the board speaks as well and it would be easier to help you figure out what it is you guys do wrong.

Could you explain how you fight with zombies? Explain to us how you do it and then we might see some errors there.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
03-12-2011, 09:05 AM
i'm from sweden :P

When we fight (without cards now) the both players trows the dices (1 die for the zombie and
2 for the hero). If the zombie get's a 4 and the hero 3 and a 2 the zombie wins because he has the higher roll. But if the hero gets 5 and 2 the hero wins. But we think its hard to win because if the zombie get's a 6 the hero can't win (execpt he has a card or something so he wins on a tie or someother cards) and if the both zombie and hero get's 4 in all dices the zombie wins.
This is how we play please corrent me if we plays it wrong Watchmen02

one of the biggest problem we have is if you are a hero and walks in to a building, stays there to search the next round the zombies can reach you were quick (the zombie can walk one step and two if a hero is two squares away?) and if the hero stays to search if can be more zombies comming to get you? (I don't know if you understand what a want to come, but tell me if you don't so can i try to explain better :P)
03-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Ok, swedish....damn...the only swedish I know is the word "tak" and "uhl" - and I don't even know how to write it but it means "beer".

So as far as I see it now, you have to fighting correct.
Standard fights are Zombies: One Dice and Heroes: Two Dice.
Zombies win when they get higher rolls.
Heroes win when they have a higher roll.
Heroes kill a zombie when they roll higher (on one dice) and roll double (2 times the same dice)
So heroes have 2 chances of surviving a fight.
1) the win a fight just by roller one dice wich has a higher number than the zombie. The zombie is then fended of (wich basicly means the hero pushes the zombie away before it gets the chance to bite him or her)
2) the heroes wins a fight and KILLS the zombie (higher roll and two of the same dice) A zombie gets killed and removed of the board when it takes one wound. It "dies" and goes back into your zombiepool.

Maybe you guys played wrong and have the zombie give the hero a wound every time the hero doesn't win by doubles?

As for movement, and I think there lays your main problem.
Zombies ALWAYS move 1 space. Unless the zombies play cards that have them move more, they never move 2 squares. I think you have the "zombiehunger" theory wrong there so that is why your heroes get swamped so fast. The zombies are to fast the way you guys play it.
- A zombie can only move one square.
- If there is a hero in the square ADJACENT to the zombie then the zombie is forced to go towards the square the hero is in.
ADJACENT = right next to it.
- Otherwise zombies may move anywhere they want, but only ONE square (unless with cards or zombiehero)

Do you understand what I'm trying to say? If not...just ask and I'll try and explain better Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
03-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Hehe the swedish wasn't really corrent but i understand what you trying mean haha. (with the spell "tak"=roof but i think u mean thanks?=taCk Uhl= Öl Zombie03 )

So its the movement we have done wrong! that explains it Zombie17 Thank you! When my boyfriend comes home we'r gonna try that and see if it goes better Watchmen02 tell u later if it was that we did wrong Watchmen02