Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hey folks, new here, and I own a printing company :D
02-20-2015, 06:15 PM
Hey folks, new here, and I own a printing company :D
Hey all - found this forum from a post over on boardgamegeek - had no clue it existed.

So a little about me. Huge FFP fan, my girlfriend and I absolutely LOVE ATOE. I also own a small printing and manufacturing company. Found this site from BGG as I was posting there about my plans to remake all the ATOE minion counters into single pieces (not dual sided - that drives me crazy).

What I'm doing is laser cutting black acrylic squares and circles, and affixing permenant vinyl decals to them so they look just like the actual counters from the game. Problem is getting the images to look right. I have scans of all the tokens, but the reproduction quality isn't fantastic. Started looking for the font they use on the counters so I can at least make the text clean, found out this site has an amazing downloads section, so I just signed up, donated $10, and am posting here to say hi.

For forum reference, I do all sorts of printing and manufacturing. Game cards, counters, etc. I do not do the pressed cardboard like FFP uses - that requires extremely expensive metal dies and an even more expensive bazillion ton press to cut the cardboard (notice how the counters are indented and rounded on one side, and flat on the other? Thats a super sharp super heavy duty round knife pressing through the cardboard at about, to be technical, a bazillion pounds of pressure!) but I do have a laser cutter/engraver and that makes beautiful little black tiles that can have stickers applied to them. And real, waterproof, vinyl stickers - not paper stuff. Once I get a few made today I'll post pictures. (The 1/8" acrylic just arrived today! Woohoo!)

Anyway, don't want to ramble on and seem like I'm advertising. I'm just a huge FFP fan and want to de-clutter my box of ATOE stuff, and put the web downloadable content and other fan made stuff on actual cards that fit in with the rest of the game. Hoping to see the templates in the download section that I've heard so much about soon!

Anyway, that's me!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2015, 07:31 PM
RE: Hey folks, new here, and I own a printing company :D
Thanks for the donation and welcome!

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2015, 07:49 PM
(02-20-2015 07:31 PM)Sarku Wrote:  Thanks for the donation and welcome!

Glad to be here. The download section is amazing - already started poking around the villain template.

Noticed something tho you might want to update in it - the font used for the # under Combat, you have it as Dominican, and under Wounds you have it as Trajan Pro. The actual font FFP uses is Berylium - available for free on dafont.com.

I've been spending all morning redoing the text on the minion counters before I print them. That text, small, scanned in, then printed, looks like garbage. So by putting solid black, sharp edged text on top of the fuzzyily-scanned in text, it looks a lot nicer. Found the font name in the PDF of their rulebook. I changed it to Berylium and it's a perfect match.

As downloaded, changed the 4 under Combat to a 5 for more contrast, the 5 is Dominican and the 4 under wounds is Trajan Pro:
[Image: rKmVFi.png]

With the Berylium font:
[Image: H4aHss.png]

In fact I'm 99% sure the entire card text is in Berylium. Dominican looks cool and absolutely is used somewhere in the game (I didnt even notice it looked 'wrong' until I just glanced at my Werewolf card in front of me I'm using for size reference), but I'm almost positive it's Berylium. I'll give it a shot once I'm ready to start doing Villain cards.
02-20-2015, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the donation.
02-22-2015, 02:30 PM
Welcome to TZG- Another addition to the AToE clan is always welcomed.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
02-23-2015, 03:26 AM
Uploaded a cleaned up/tweaked-to-placate-my-OCD villain template yesterday. Expect more goodies soon Zombie03
02-23-2015, 06:07 PM
Great work and your an asset to the site. Thanks for the donation and your on-going contributions. Me and my wife play AToE and we're looking forward to seeing your creations.

+1 Rep
02-25-2015, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the boards! Too cool that you own a printing company so you can play with this sorta stuff. Anyways, hope we see you around a lot more.
02-28-2015, 06:12 AM
(02-25-2015 09:28 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Welcome to the boards! Too cool that you own a printing company so you can play with this sorta stuff. Anyways, hope we see you around a lot more.

The template I uploaded never made it to the downloads section - was there an issue, or just a busy mod?
02-28-2015, 03:19 PM
HMMMMMMMMMMM............. Never realized downloads needed approval - it doesn't
appear anyway for a Mod to approve them so I expect it's a function reserved for Sarku.

He do get busy so if it doesn't show up you might want to PM him.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: