Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hey hey from Auckland's North Shore, New Zealand
06-08-2012, 06:31 AM
RE: Hey hey from Auckland's North Shore, New Zealand
(06-05-2012 06:02 AM)Druff Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 07:53 AM)Emp Wrote:  A big HELLo from Belgium here.
I can feel your pain on the stuff being expensive, we have the same problem. I order them online now. The european sites of amazon ship the free of charge, so that is cool and saves us cash Watchmen02

Hey hey! I wish we got free delivery - I checked out some US ans European site and the games are great prices but the shipping cost more than the game!! That'll learn me for living on essentially two isolated islands! Although it would be a great spot when the Zombie apocalypse begins! :-D

Doesn't amazon have a section for New Zealand?
It is not always that they offer us free shipping, it just sometimes happens.
I check the website about once a week. Lurking...ready to strike Watchmen02
I guess I have the advantage that I can look at 3 sites. The Uk one, German one and France one. Belgium does not have it's own amazon piece. Europe...still does not make sense to me and I damn well live there hehehe.
Amazon.com is usually the cheapest but they do not ship overseas.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2012, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2012 12:47 PM by fukes.)
Emp's right Amazon is cheapest - im in Brisbane and i've used Gamesparadise here and milsims games (who are very cheap) pretty sure they ship overseas...

[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8762295/hardertheyfall_02.gif[/img]
Find all posts by this user
06-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Cheers guys, Amazon sadly wont ship most games to NZ, and I guess it's our weak dollar thats inflating the price. With Australia's strong dollar it might be worth checking out mightyape.co.nz.
07-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi Druff! You've purchased ALL the FF games in one year?? Wow you jumped in with both feet! So far I only have LNOE (along with the GH expansion and HP1) but I would like to hear from somebody who has sampled all of the games how they stack up against each other.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
07-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Ah, a fellow New Zealander, Im in Auckland myself. I bought a majority of my stuff on Mightyape.co.nz, they do good deals.
07-10-2012, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 09:29 PM by Druff.)
(07-09-2012 11:21 PM)Spidey NZ Wrote:  Ah, a fellow New Zealander, Im in Auckland myself. I bought a majority of my stuff on Mightyape.co.nz, they do good deals.

Hey mate,

Nice to hear from a fellow kiwi game fan! I'm just getting back into games - Flying Frog games really appealed.
My only issue is finding the time to play (between taking care of the baby and keeping the wife happy!)

I've bought most of my stuff from Mightyape also, but have found Fishpond now stocks FF games at reasonable prices also - only problem with them as it takes ages to ship (at least shipping is free).

Think I might grab some of the supplement packs from FF - Im addicted!
(07-09-2012 09:18 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  Hi Druff! You've purchased ALL the FF games in one year?? Wow you jumped in with both feet! So far I only have LNOE (along with the GH expansion and HP1) but I would like to hear from somebody who has sampled all of the games how they stack up against each other.

Hey hey! Well I have to confess - I have purchased all the FF games but haven't managed to play Invasion or A Touch of Evil yet. Im having difficulty finding the time!

I can say that I have really enjoyed the others, Last night was the first FF game I played and I was really impressed. It did take awhile to iron out all the rules fully understand the mechanics but I now love it and always want to bring it to the table!

Fortune and Glory stood out as my favourite first time play. We threw on the Indiana Jones soundtrack and got stuck in. It took 5 hours but I loved every second of it. There was quite a bit of rule checking but I have found a quick reference chart helps with this game as there is quite a bit to remember. The cliffhanger component adds real excitement.

Conquest has a much less "grand" feel but is some relatively simple fun. I enjoyed the carnage but it did heva a little less "wow" factor.

I am struggling with Invasion... it just seems too much like Last Night.. I know I'll like it but it's hard to get into it when I know I could be using that time to play Last Night instead.

I have booked a night with some friends to give a touch of evil a crack and I'll keep you posted :-)
07-11-2012, 04:15 AM
(07-10-2012 09:05 PM)Druff Wrote:  Hey hey! Well I have to confess - I have purchased all the FF games but haven't managed to play Invasion or A Touch of Evil yet. Im having difficulty finding the time!

I can say that I have really enjoyed the others, Last night was the first FF game I played and I was really impressed. It did take awhile to iron out all the rules fully understand the mechanics but I now love it and always want to bring it to the table!

Fortune and Glory stood out as my favourite first time play. We threw on the Indiana Jones soundtrack and got stuck in. It took 5 hours but I loved every second of it. There was quite a bit of rule checking but I have found a quick reference chart helps with this game as there is quite a bit to remember. The cliffhanger component adds real excitement.

Conquest has a much less "grand" feel but is some relatively simple fun. I enjoyed the carnage but it did heva a little less "wow" factor.

I am struggling with Invasion... it just seems too much like Last Night.. I know I'll like it but it's hard to get into it when I know I could be using that time to play Last Night instead.

I have booked a night with some friends to give a touch of evil a crack and I'll keep you posted :-)

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm interested to see what you say about AToE because it appears to be the second most popular game for the people on this board...

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
07-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Cool Man. I have a Friend with a new baby and a wife. And he has trouble finding the time, so we have organised weekly game nights at his place and at mine alternating. In fact we have a Last Night on Earth Campaign tomorrow
07-20-2012, 11:38 AM
(07-11-2012 04:15 AM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 09:05 PM)Druff Wrote:  Hey hey! Well I have to confess - I have purchased all the FF games but haven't managed to play Invasion or A Touch of Evil yet. Im having difficulty finding the time!

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm interested to see what you say about AToE because it appears to be the second most popular game for the people on this board...

Gave AToE a crack today and really enjoyed it. It plays more like Fortune and Glory than LNoE. Having played FANG this was pretty easy to pick up and get stuck in - but the game seems a little more clunky than FANG. Not sure if maybe I prefer the Indiana Jones style of finding artifacts and selling them in a race around the world as opposed to hunting down a monster in a brown and black village... My wife enjoyed AToE a little more than FANG and I'm vice versa.... in saying that They are both worth owning :-)