Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
High Wind
11-20-2013, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2014 07:38 PM by ATOEtalGeek.)
High Wind
Here's a custom Zombie card I came up with to compliment Heavy Rain.

What do you think? Has it been done?

[Image: ?dl=1]

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2013, 04:01 PM
RE: High Wind
Does this not also affect the zombies movement outside? Such as maybe they can't use shamble or zombie heroes only move 1 instead of d3 when outside.
11-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Great looking card. Just a few questions...

Do the Heroes just subtract 1 from their Movement for that 1 Turn when they leave the building?
or
subtract 1 from their Movement whenever outside?

Does it stack with Heavy Rain? i.e -2 to Movement?
11-20-2013, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 09:09 PM by ATOEtalGeek.)
(11-20-2013 05:16 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Do the Heroes just subtract 1 from their Movement for that 1 Turn when they leave the building?
or
subtract 1 from their Movement whenever outside?

They take a -1 on their movement only when they start in a building and move to the outside. So a roll of 3 becomes a 2 when they step out side. If they needed a 3 to get all the way out the door they would not be able to exit that turn.

The effect remains in play so the effect would be in play on each turn - but only affects heroes attempting to leave a building.

(11-20-2013 05:16 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Does it stack with Heavy Rain? i.e -2 to Movement?

Heavy Rain only affects heroes that start outside. So there would be no stacking. That's why I suggested this card just compliments Heavy Rain. If both are in effect then essentially all heroes are at a -1.

(11-20-2013 04:01 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Does this not also affect the zombies movement outside? Such as maybe they can't use shamble or zombie heroes only move 1 instead of d3 when outside.

I would say thematically/theatrically it would not affect Zombies. They don't fight the wind - rather they just go where they are pushed - so no. The hero on the otherhand may go to step outside, not realizing the wind was up, and may stop to rethink his direction or intent - causing the -1 delay.

11-20-2013, 09:46 PM
High winds would also impact firing ranged weapons. Anyone untrained non law enforcement/military should take a range penalty to hit.
11-20-2013, 10:10 PM
(11-20-2013 09:46 PM)ch82 Wrote:  High winds would also impact firing ranged weapons. Anyone untrained non law enforcement/military should take a range penalty to hit.

There isn't a corresponding penalty imposed by Heavy Rain so I did not include that. I thought of it but certain close range weapons; shotgun, pistol, flare gun, etc. should be exempt from that in any case, I think, so it seemed complicated to implement. And any Hero siders know it's hard enough to hit with range weapons as it is. Still it can be included if it's desired.