Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hinting at gaming goodness...
08-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Hinting at gaming goodness...
I'm sure many of you noticed in the rulebooks of both LNOE and GH, there is a tantalizing sentence in each at the end of the credits page.

At the end of LNOE it says...

"THE MARTIANS ARE COMING"

at the end of GH it says....

"THE INVASION BEGINS 2009"

So...in that vein....what are your opinions, thoughts, desires?

WAGS accepted (wild a$$ guesses)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2008, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2008 09:02 PM by deadrabbit.)
RE: Hinting at gaming goodness...
supervike Wrote:I'm sure many of you noticed in the rulebooks of both LNOE and GH, there is a tantalizing sentence in each at the end of the credits page.

At the end of LNOE it says...

"THE MARTIANS ARE COMING"

at the end of GH it says....

"THE INVASION BEGINS 2009"

So...in that vein....what are your opinions, thoughts, desires?

WAGS accepted (wild a$$ guesses)

i have never seen it say that but if it does im super f'ing excited ,,, i love aliens .........thank you.

if its an alein game its gunna kick some ass. keeping the small town theme with an alein invasion. something like slither or even signs. man i cant wait.
Find all posts by this user
08-12-2008, 09:06 PM

weird that theyed say that stuff when that supernatural game is coming out first.
08-12-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm thinking more in the likes of Tim Burton's: Mars Attacks.
If you talk about typical characters...you get characters in that movie by the bucketload Zombie17

I am the reason God stopped watching.
08-13-2008, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2008 03:59 PM by deadrabbit.)
Emp Wrote:I'm thinking more in the likes of Tim Burton's: Mars Attacks.
If you talk about typical characters...you get characters in that movie by the bucketload Zombie17

that is my favorite movie dude.they probably would do it like that movie. im thinking there gunna have a strong 70ds look. with bright colors but dark contrast. which would fit good with that movie. im geussing there gunna try to make it humerus as well but i hope its not to silly cuz i still want to be scared. cuz aleins are scary.
08-13-2008, 11:28 PM
I noticed that blurb in the back of the rules too. I actually made some Martian Tripods for a 6mm wargame I was working on but never completed. (I might post them if folks want to see them.) I was thinking of creating a Mars Attacks variant for LNOE but I might wait and see what the Flying Frong comes out with. I really hope it is in the same vein as Mars Attacks since it would definately fit with the Last Night On Earth cinematic feel.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
08-19-2008, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2008 09:16 AM by zombie67.)
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:I noticed that blurb in the back of the rules too. I actually made some Martian Tripods for a 6mm wargame I was working on but never completed. (I might post them if folks want to see them.) I was thinking of creating a Mars Attacks variant for LNOE but I might wait and see what the Flying Frong comes out with. I really hope it is in the same vein as Mars Attacks since it would definately fit with the Last Night On Earth cinematic feel.

Well, I woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep! (Feel like I should be singing some Blues)

So feeling inspired by the above and CP's tripods, I thought I'd do a bit of Photoshopping:

[Image: MarsAttacksGame.jpg]

Any Legal Departments Please Note this is just a piece of fun and does not represent any product available now or in the future...to my knowledge!! Zombie17 Zombie17

BTW....CP, my girlfriend Kath asked me to say she thinks your tripods are amazing and she is a big War of the Worlds fan, so she should know!! A great big "Ulla! Ulla!" from her!!
08-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:I was thinking of creating a Mars Attacks variant for LNOE but I might wait and see what the Flying Frong comes out with.

I am sure the munions at Flying Frong will do a great job of it.Zombie17

ODZombie17

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-19-2008, 01:03 PM
zombie67 Wrote:
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:I noticed that blurb in the back of the rules too. I actually made some Martian Tripods for a 6mm wargame I was working on but never completed. (I might post them if folks want to see them.) I was thinking of creating a Mars Attacks variant for LNOE but I might wait and see what the Flying Frong comes out with. I really hope it is in the same vein as Mars Attacks since it would definately fit with the Last Night On Earth cinematic feel.

Well, I woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep! (Feel like I should be singing some Blues)

So feeling inspired by the above and CP's tripods, I thought I'd do a bit of Photoshopping:

Any Legal Departments Please Note this is just a piece of fun and does not represent any product available now or in the future...to my knowledge!! Zombie17 Zombie17

BTW....CP, my girlfriend Kath asked me to say she thinks your tripods are amazing and she is a big War of the Worlds fan, so she should know!! A great big "Ulla! Ulla!" from her!!

AWESOME!!!
08-19-2008, 01:57 PM
zombie67 Wrote:

That is awesome Zombie! And I appreciate the comments on the tripods! I was originally going to make 3 Jeff Wayne's version's based off the images by Geoff Taylor found in the liner notes of the Musical. I have been toiling with making one Jeff Wayne tripod close to scale of the LNOE characters....if I end up finding the time it may just happen and the pics will be posted.

Again great work on that cover!

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."