Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hobby Dangers
01-18-2010, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2010 09:32 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Hobby Dangers
Well besides financial ruin:rolleyes:

I haven't got down & dirty with the Hobby aspect of
Gaming in awhile( all those LNoE & AToE figs still needing
painting)so as i'm off today,I decided to get with my
Hell Project.

You know the good stuff,getting rid of flash,filing mold
lines,minor surgery to correct that missing or broken
bit,& the warm bath & brush to get rid of any any oils.

So I'm at my work table ,with magifing glasses(10mm stuff) working with my Excto Hobby knife & so far I've stabbed my
finger twice!Well perhaps that 2nd glass of wine
did push it a bit Zombie03.

I know many of my fellow TZG-ers are also into the
painting & assembly of figs & as I was getting yet another band-aid it occured to ask what was your worst Hobby
Accident?

Mine have mainly been cut & glued fingers except for
the power drill in the thigh incident:shy:So any one
care to share?

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2010, 07:57 PM
RE: Hobby Dangers
I once managed to open the base thumb-knuckle all the way to the tendon. It only took three stitches, but it took months to heal, because it was on the joint.

It was actually pretty cool, seeing my tendon move...
01-18-2010, 10:52 PM
gavindowning Wrote:I once managed to open the base thumb-knuckle all the way to the tendon. It only took three stitches, but it took months to heal, because it was on the joint.

It was actually pretty cool, seeing my tendon move...

Ewww...

A sort of hobby related accident... I was trimming some business cards I made for a friend using a paper cutter. I ended up cutting the tip of my left-hand pointer finger off. Weird, but that ended up getting three stitches as well.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-19-2010, 12:01 AM
LOL...Reaching into my brushes box I remembered at the self same instant that I sliced myself open that I had placed the medical scalpel I use for flashing removal in my brush box cause I was in a hurry and didn't put it away!!!
Sliced my middle finger open pretty bad.I Rinsed it with alcohol and crazy glued it together.Should have gotten stitches but eh.
01-19-2010, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2010 05:50 PM by ResidentAsylum.)
So far I've avoided all maladies related to the hobby. I've had stitches twice due to work-related occurances(my left hand both times), so hopefully fate is considering the rule of averages.

Yeaaah... I'm a tadpole!!!
01-20-2010, 02:28 PM
I've had some hurt feelings over comments made about my dice rolls
01-20-2010, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2010 10:12 PM by Patient Zero.)
While I was shaving the hero deck down so I can alway cut to the 'Just What I Needed..." card I a accidentally breathed in some card clippings. I imagine it would have been worse than just coughing a lot if this happened while I was drilling the dice to load them.

(Just kidding. I saw Oceans 13 last night which is a movie desperately in need of zombies... Bernie Mac would make an excellent zombie!)

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
01-21-2010, 08:53 PM
I stabbed myself pretty good with a needle file, right in the palm of my hand!

Looked like I had stigmata for a bit.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user