Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hold the Line!
12-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Hold the Line!
The new scenario expansion arrived in my mailbox today, so I thought I'd report on what came.

There are two copies of two new Hero cards, and one copy of a third new Hero card, along with the same number of Zombie cards. The Hero cards include Quickdraw (you can get an extra Hero card or make an extra ranged attack), Fast Recovery (heal up and potentially get rid of a Remains In Play Zombie card), and Machete (good for killing off zombies when they roll well). Zombie cards include Blinding Rage (lets a zombie move super-fast for a turn), Dying Slash (potentially injure a hero when a zombie dies), and Lockdown (keep heroes from moving through doorways for a turn).

The cards are nice, but the scenario particularly stands out, and is quite different from their usual sort. "Hold the Line!" is a great-looking scenario with a different setup than usual. Zombies do not use their usual spawn points, and instead start along one edge; heroes start on the opposite side of the board. The zombies are trying to cross the board, while the heroes must stop them without losing more than three heroes over the course of the game.

I don't know if I'll get a chance to play the scenario any time soon, but the next time I break out Last Night on Earth, I'm going to give this a try. It looks like a lot of fun.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2013, 03:22 PM
RE: Hold the Line!
Thanks for the write-up. I won't be getting my copy for a while.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Great to hear. I'm looking forward to mine getting delivered.
12-07-2013, 11:28 PM
when you play.. I want to hear a play by play.

ps. is there a zed total spawn limit.. or a timed issue.. like # of rounds?
12-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the update, GD. Sounds great.

I've got the e-mail telling me that FFP have sent me a package... so no prizes for guessing what it is. Lol.

Look forward to its arrival at some point in the next week.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
12-08-2013, 02:19 AM
(12-07-2013 11:28 PM)soundguy Wrote:  when you play.. I want to hear a play by play.

ps. is there a zed total spawn limit.. or a timed issue.. like # of rounds?

There's a time limit, but zombies all get +1 to their move every round. They actually autospawn in this scenario (but only on the far edge of the board, instead of in their usual spawn points).
12-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Can you post the text for the scenario card so I can read the rules? I want to see how its all going to work.
12-10-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm sadly sort of reluctant to post the text of the scenario card in a public forum such as this, just because it's part of what you're paying for with the expansion.
12-10-2013, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 11:16 PM by alderdust.)
I was just curious what the objective is and rules so I know if I want it over another web supplement to see if I thought my game group would enjoy the scenario ...stock up and revenge of the dead are all public you can read them the photos of each card are posted on BGG...if I don't know what I'm buying I don't buy...to do so is idiocy. If you don't want to post a picture or text that's fine I'll wait until someone does here or on BGG.
12-11-2013, 03:56 AM
Just received my copy today! Cannot wait to play it now. Hopefully this weekend!

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...