Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hold the Line!
12-17-2013, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2013 12:24 AM by ForestRunner.)
RE: Hold the Line!
Mine turned up yesterday (to Australia). Scenario sounds intriguining and the additional cards, as always, look cool. Will look to add to TP!!

Unfortunately too much to do in so few hours in the day, at a frenetic time of year!! Like you ATOEG Maybe this weekend... Insane04 Just maybe...

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2013, 10:11 PM
The zombie cards don't sound that great. Fast moving a zombie isn't as good as a surprise attack which lets you put one on the board ontop of someone. Lockdown seems pretty situational too and I don't see it being any better than locked door. The dying slash sounds unreliable since you mentioned "potentially". Again there are better cards to be had and better to not water down the deck.
12-18-2013, 11:34 PM
(12-18-2013 10:11 PM)ch82 Wrote:  The zombie cards don't sound that great. Fast moving a zombie isn't as good as a surprise attack which lets you put one on the board ontop of someone. Lockdown seems pretty situational too and I don't see it being any better than locked door. The dying slash sounds unreliable since you mentioned "potentially". Again there are better cards to be had and better to not water down the deck.

Do you actually have the scenario ch82?

Firstly, I'll mention I've added it to Timber Peak, which I've kept seperate from the remainder of LNOE prior to TP. So it fits in nice and neat.

Fast Moving Zombies is a scenario special rule... not a card. It forms the crux of the Hold the Line scenario for the Zombie player and it's objective of reaching the opposite end of the board. With the whole horde moving at this pace, the Heroes will have a lot of work to do given the Zombie victory conditions. Heroes will be forced to go toe-to-toe with the Horde and may even have to give chase. There's also all the other cumulative effects such as Shamble + Fast Moving Zombie bonus (provided you don't roll a one!).

Lockdown can be a gamebreaker in the Hold the Line scenario for sure. It's effectiveness may be a diluted a little for other scenarios, but I can think of a lot of uses and situations where I personally would play it. As with any card, there's also the discard option whilst cycling cards if you don't like it.

Dying Slash is a potential game breaker. It can be lethal on an infected Hero, or any situation that can force additional wounds or an effect from a Hero taking a wound. A powerful card for the Zombie arsenal... and not just exclusive to Hold the Line. Also, there's two of them. Insane04

12-19-2013, 03:57 PM
surprise attack sounds great.
04-24-2015, 03:16 AM
Hold the Line adds two new special rules, Zombie Hand (6) and Zombie Move +1. I would like to assign the dot system to these rules. Please provide your input on what the dot value should be for these rules.
05-05-2015, 12:18 AM
I've used Zombies +1 in a few scenarios, which were applicable to Standard and Feral Zombies - using the TP/BitF game. So wasn't applicable to behemoths. Pretty much balanced it off as a two dot points rating in the games we used it in. Thing to bear in mind by including Ferals, is they can now move 3 spaces.

Seemed to work out ok and was a lot of fun. Importantly, changed the Players strategic approach, so you actually do a get a different game and playstyle from it.

Never used Zombie Hand (6) as a permanent feature, so can't vouch for that. When playing TP/BitF though, the fewer cards more or less seems to dish out the Event Card that increased the Zombie Hand to 6 anyway.

In the few scenarios incorporating Zombie Hand (6) as special rules, I'd look to balance it off with what is equivalent for the Players from said scenario cards. Sorry, I don't have the game in front of me, to quote the Player's side of things. I'll come back later on it, if someone's not repied in the mean time.