Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hopes for Blood in the Forest
03-15-2013, 11:40 PM
RE: Hopes for Blood in the Forest
Cards and mechanics that will balance out the game even more. New, innovative scenarios.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2013, 01:26 PM
I would like to see more clothing equipment like Johnny's leather jacket but like gear the heroes can wear to protect against bites
Find all posts by this user
03-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Any idea what the straight board pieces will be? Just to go outside the already corners to expand the board?
03-18-2013, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 02:42 PM by sgiove.)
I agree with comments about more protective gear to wear. I also think a sword (katana or similar) and a crossbow are overdue. Maybe if a crossbow and a few more "silent" ranged weapons were introduced (throwing knives, bow and arrows, etc.), they could introduce a "noise rule" for the guns. I think that would add a bit more realism.

As a mostly zombie player, I need to think on things more for what I'd like to see introduced on the zombie side of things.

(03-17-2013 07:46 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Any idea what the straight board pieces will be? Just to go outside the already corners to expand the board?

Maybe the straight pieces could connect to the Road of Town spaces on the other sets so that larger games could be introduced and Heroes could travel from one main playing area to the next via the straight boards?
03-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Here is a image that was posted on BGG to try and see what the straight board pieces will be like....seems ill be needing a bigger table or start playing on the floor.

[Image: pic1566025.jpg]
03-18-2013, 03:17 PM
OMG alderdust that is AWESOME, bigger map means bigger scenarios and MORE POSSIBILITIES!, could probably double the number of players with a game board that big (one thing i SEMI dislike about LNOE is that i refuse to play with more than 6 people, i only like having 1 zombie player and 5 heroes runs okay, 6 heroes tends to heavily break balance).
03-18-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm wondering about "S boards". I'm with Puft, zombies are great, heros too, but a pile of good scenarios always gives me an L-Board of wood... Watchmen02 how many BitF jokes can we make?? Board size is looking a little huge.. That's good, but I'm going to have to break out a sheet of plywood and buy a craps stick to play, I hate playing on the floor..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-18-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm just wondering if FFP have any concept of what size tables most people play on, I mean it's not just this growing in size but AToE already has, and with all the cards to put around as well it#s getting a little ridiculous Insane10
03-18-2013, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 06:28 PM by alderdust.)
(03-18-2013 03:17 PM)SmokinBaraka Wrote:  OMG alderdust that is AWESOME, bigger map means bigger scenarios and MORE POSSIBILITIES!, could probably double the number of players with a game board that big (one thing i SEMI dislike about LNOE is that i refuse to play with more than 6 people, i only like having 1 zombie player and 5 heroes runs okay, 6 heroes tends to heavily break balance).

You can have more heroes but you have to make sure to give the zombies the combined advantage in the DOTS system. Someone will have to confirm but I believe an extra hero is worth 5 DOTs so that would mean the ZP would get 10 DOTs to balance out. So you are probably looking at some nasty zombies!

Box Art

[Image: pic1606125_md.jpg]
03-18-2013, 07:35 PM
(03-18-2013 04:29 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  I'm wondering about "S boards". I'm with Puft, zombies are great, heros too, but a pile of good scenarios always gives me an L-Board of wood... Watchmen02 how many BitF jokes can we make?? Board size is looking a little huge.. That's good, but I'm going to have to break out a sheet of plywood and buy a craps stick to play, I hate playing on the floor..

Scenarios are definitely on the top of my list. ;-) You know... to put it a little less... colorfully. LOL!

Funny thing... I'm actually not really fond of playing on the floor either. I have no problem with sitting on the floor, but I don't like playing a board game on the floor. To me it is just uncomfortable and annoying. Plus, I find it easier to maneuver when you are at a table.

Anyways, didn't realize they had released the box art already! That looks awesome!