Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Horror Classics Mystery Minis
03-27-2015, 07:01 PM
Horror Classics Mystery Minis
Does anybody else collect Funko's Horror Classic Mystery Minis? (Or any of the Funko Mystery Minis, for that matter?)

I got my very first one in my very first Horror Block. (By the way, I also highly recommend both Horror Block and Box of Dread to my fellow horror fans. They are monthly subscription boxes where you get random groovy horror memorabilia every month.)

They are a mystery box where you don't know who you are going to receive until you open it. It makes it kind of fun in that way and makes it an adventure to try to collect them all. Though, yes it does get annoying when you start getting duplicates. LOL!

I got Chucky with the one that came with my Horror Block (the original look, not the stitched up one). After a while, one of my gaming buddies started collecting them from the comic book store where we game. I didn't even realize they were selling them, so when he started to collect them, I did as well.

Including the Chucky I got with my Horror Block, I've managed to wind up pulling Chucky 4 different times. LOL! And not a single one was the rare stitched up Chucky. Luckily, I was able to trade one to my friend who didn't have Chucky yet for a duplicate Jason he had (I had not yet gotten Jason). Another, I gave to one of our part time gamers to get him started on his collection, and then the last duplicate I am keeping in case the opportunity arrives to trade.

In recent weeks, I've gotten Freddy, Ghost Face, Ash, and the NES version Jason. I forget who all I have, and who all I still need, without checking the box I have at home where I mark them off, but I will definitely eventually collect the whole set, even if I have to wind up getting a few of them on eBay so I know who I am getting instead of just hoping to pull the last few I need.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply