Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Horror on the Orent Express KS
04-03-2024, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2024 10:17 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Horror on the Orent Express KS
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cha...escription

Another serious threat to my plastic. $98 USD. Cthulhu on a Train?
Back in the Day I had the Chaosium RPG of the same name but it appears
this Game Monsters are different & bit more Gothic than Mythos .It takes place in the Dreamlands
but I'm not sure how it matches up with Lovecrafts Dreanlands? The KS promises more info.

You get a 3d Train & it's Co-OP 1-4 players.

I'll have to April 19th to think it over.

OD

PS-I've checked out a few of the Vido Reviews & the Train doesn't travel through the Lovecraft Dreamland Locations
instead, it goes along various Portals that trigger Events which are considered in the Dreamlands. Basically
the train leaves for Constantinople but Cultist have done a Ritual to throw the Train into the Dreamlands. but
at the end of the Game it arrives in Constantinople( provided the Investigators haven't lost before arrival-there are 7
ways to lose!

The Game has a LOT of mechanics but they flow together nicely. If your playing Solo it can be done with 1 Investigator
but I think you would need at least 2 to have a real chance at winning. Trying to Solo with more than 2 Investigators
would be difficult due to the tremendous number of Action options available .

Still interested but it's the price that holds me back but I like the mechanics.

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2024, 01:08 PM
RE: Horror on the Orent Express KS
Chaosium has added a Campaign Expansion for $45 ,it's a new Investigator ,a massive Monster & 5 Scenarios.
So the all in price is well over 100(USD) .I was iffy at the base Game for $98 so I don't think the Campaign add on
is for me.

I really on the fence about this KS, love the theme & mechanics but the price is a bit much (although I think it's worth it),
maybe I'll hit the Billion$ Powerball Lottery tonight. Then I can pledge the whole thing & import Sam to paint the figs.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply