Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: What do you think?
Yes, I like those rules
No, I don't like those rules
Zombie polls scare me!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
House Rules
12-17-2010, 04:12 PM
RE: House Rules
(12-17-2010 01:50 PM)Orguss Wrote:  Rule #2 on the hero side is how my friends played before I joined that particular gaming crew. Me, sharking like I do, instantly was like woooooah, no, that's not how it's done. They raped zombies left and right. No. Leave it as is, bro. It's balanced as can be.

What about changing #2 to each hero starts with a Hero card?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Liv, on a side-note do you use any form of dice tower when rolling or do you just roll onto the board/table?

It might sound silly but once I made my dice tower I found the rolls were far more varied than by just rolling onto the board.

Might help your Hero players!
12-17-2010, 09:57 PM
details please!
12-18-2010, 02:01 AM
I made this tower from Foamcore a while back and it really works well:

[Image: DiceTowerFront.jpg]

[Image: DiceTowerBack.jpg]

a quick rough plan of the inside of the tower is here :

[Image: Dicetowerplan.jpg]

I found in the past rolling on the board that sometimes the dice would only slightly spin round and in some cases would just land on a side without spinning.

By using the tower we can be sure they are being rolled around good before the results.

A few fairness rules we have are:

1) The tray at the bottom must be clear before rolling.
2) Both players dice must enter the top of tower at the same time.
3) All dice must go through the tower.

Give it a go, it was fun to make and adds a little something to fights etc.
12-18-2010, 02:05 AM
looks interesting.

I remember a space game gothic battleship or something.. it had a box to roll in...
12-21-2010, 02:26 AM
That tower is AWESOME.

It pisses me off when some zombie kills me by "rolling" a six that was already sitting on six by barely spinning the die. This is perfect.

How exactly did you make it? Where can you get this "foamcore" you speak of? Did you just glue the pieces together and print off the graphics for it?
12-21-2010, 02:45 AM
(12-21-2010 02:26 AM)Neon Samurai Wrote:  That tower is AWESOME.

It pisses me off when some zombie kills me by "rolling" a six that was already sitting on six by barely spinning the die. This is perfect.

How exactly did you make it? Where can you get this "foamcore" you speak of? Did you just glue the pieces together and print off the graphics for it?

Cheers.

You should be able to get Foamcore or Foamboard at most Art suppliers or I got mine from Amazon.co.uk.

Not sure where you are, so here is a link to Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_k...1292894952

It is made from two pieces of thin card stuck either side of polystyrene core. It cuts very easily with a craft knife on a cutting board.

The only thing I find with Foamcore is it is a bit springy, so if you drop the dice in a bit hard they sometime bounce out of the top, hence the Rule 3.

I decided on the height I wanted and measured out and cut 3 sides to that size and one about 2/3 the height to allow the opening for the dice to come out.

I then measured out and cut three pieces for the angled bits for the dice to roll on, with one a bit longer for the bottom so it stick out into the tray.

I then measured up a base and sides for the tray. I made the tray a little bigger than the tower so I could lay the tower down in the tray between games.

Once all the pieces were cut out, I stuck the together with glue and painted the tower black with acrylic paint and varnished it.

It's best to stick together the shorter front, the back and one of the side together first to form an "open box" shape. This allows you to stick in the angled pieces in, following the crude pattern I posted and then finally put the other side on to close it.

Make sure when you are judging where to place the angled bits to have some dice to hand to make sure you leave enough gap for them to drop through.

The images were made from images I found of the net or scans, tidied up in Photoshop and stuck on.

It really isn't that hard with Foamcore and if I can do it anybody can.

Good luck if you give it a go and post some pictures when you are done.
12-21-2010, 02:54 AM
Sounds easy enough Zombie03

Totally going to do this after new years sometime. Seems like a worthwhile investment on account of being able to be played with pretty much any game.

Thanks for the details!!
12-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Look guys this takes all the fun of winging one off the table
& then hunting it down on the floorZombie23

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-21-2010, 03:35 PM
we play over at a buddies house alot.. he has a garage that was converted to a game room a dozen years ago. you cant really tell it walking around, but there is a 1" slope to one side where the garage entry used to be, for water drainage.. when we roll non square dice on the table.. like 20 siders.. they always roll toward the edge unless you roll them against the angle.. Watchmen02